Mother hand feeds her 13-year-old son who plays video games at an Internet cafe for days at a time

Wow, things have changed. My mum would of beat my ass and left me hungry.

4 Likes

JFC that makes me sad.

2 Likes

in that instance shame him into quitting? explain to him the amount of time he spends and he still sucks find something else?

1 Like

But of course “The uploader has not made this video available in your country”

And stay at home all day? What, you want him to become anti-social?

7 Likes

Was that sarcastic? Because my reaction was “NOT!”

Some tough love needed? Stop feeding him and wait for him to faint from hunger. Then carry him home and feed him and ask if he’s learnt that an occasional break is healthy and necessary.

1 Like

Now we know how he eats… but how does he shit?

While it doesn’t help, it certainly isn’t REQUIRED for something in your life to be going wrong in order to get roped into addiction.

2 Likes

It can’t last forever.

I mean, it’s unlikely the people around him will keep enabling him like this much longer.

Whatever lesson is to be learned, at least he’ll be learning it at 14 rather than, like, 30.

I think that’s just called “adolescence.”

If he was at the skate park 16 hours a day we wouldn’t think it was that weird.

2 Likes

Well, the next logical step is a catheter and a colostomy bag. I guess Mom will help with those too.

1 Like

Ha. Came here to make sure that had been posted. Well done. And after watching, good lord that’s so awesomely brutal. And my nomination for best South Park ever.

1 Like

A: Is this a perspective thing, or does the kid have crazy long and slim hands (possibly from constant mouse/keyboard use)?
B: I see that it’s a village, with unpaved roads and all; but man, that’s one ratty looking internet café. Wonder if it’s actually a registered business.

‘Make love, not Warcraft’ had been my fav. episode of SP for many years… until, you know, real life kicked in and I had no more time to watch shows religiously.

Only half? You are far far more generous than I.

3 Likes

Half of our elected officials, 100% of our gerrymandered/voter fraud/collusion officials.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s just his hands. I think the child is emaciated. Did you see he has his knees inside his hoodie? His mom says he’s wasting away. She’s in a tshirt and he’s in a fleece hoodie. He’s probably feeling cold because he’s too thin.

1 Like

Come now. Everyone knows that ‘poopsocking’ is the officially-disavowed waste disposal technique of hardcore game addicts.

Aint%20That%20a%20Shame

2 Likes

No. But when it’s come to the point where the parents have given up on sending him to school and are hand- feeding him it seems like there may be something wrong other than what we can know from a few lines in a blog post and a short video online. I’m trying to avoid making assumptions about perfect strangers parenting skills.

1 Like