Motorcycle hooligans disrupt traffic on San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge

Originally published at: Motorcycle hooligans disrupt traffic on San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge | Boing Boing

7 Likes

This is everywhere now, it’s actually been growing since the early 00’s when I first witnessed it. Last summer a parade of dudes riding on one wheel down the street went by my place for about 5 minutes, I lost count after 50 bikes.

9 Likes

They were southbound. The cameras at the toll plaza would have captured all their plates.

This data could have been used to trigger the big trap door in the middle of the bridge on their way back.

11 Likes

Ah, so that’s where this year’s Stupid Arsehole Convention was held.

12 Likes

Most motorcyclists who participate in this type of activity will bend their plates inward or otherwise obscure them in order to avoid speed cameras and license plate readers. They even sell flip-up brackets for this purpose.

9 Likes

Stunt riders are at the state fair, these guys are disrupting traffic, and risking more lives than their own with stupid antics.

They are squarely on the asshole list, because there are places you can go do this without creating difficulties for your fellow citizens. This is always on purpose.

12 Likes

Fuck cars tho.

11 Likes

This irresponsible inanity is somewhat common in some areas of NYC.

3 Likes

I was out for a walk Saturday around 4:00 along “the Wiggle” in town and a subset of these motorcyclists blew past and through red lights. (I recognize at least two of them from the posted video.) Thing is, when I saw them in town, they had such gleeful expressions, like, “what fun,” regardless of the danger they pose to themselves and others.

3 Likes

Isn’t videoing with your phone while driving an official no-no too?

7 Likes

Around 3:30 p.m., approximately 100 motorcycles gathered on the southbound side of the Golden Gate Bridge

*Northbound. You can clearly see Sutro Tower in the distance which is southbound.

3 Likes

That’ll probably be Tetsuo.

3 Likes

Candidates for the Darwin Award; those who have only 2 wheels to work with but insist on using only one.

2 Likes

Something about that bridge does tend to attract an unsavory element.

1 Like

At least it is with motorcycles. Fuck cars.

2 Likes

2 percenters. I’m talking about their gray matter.

3 Likes

Seems kinda cool to me. Maybe not blowing thru red lights but yeah, a 100 riders doing wheelies across the Golden gate bridge? Come on now.

3 Likes

All it takes is a request for a parade permit. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Where are all the ‘broken windows’ enthusiasts when it comes time to deal with people being assholes in traffic?

2 Likes

4 Likes