Motorcycle overpowers playground merry-go-round to disastrous effect

Originally published at: Motorcycle overpowers playground merry-go-round to disastrous effect | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Hey Darwin, we got another one for you

12 Likes

Why do the reddit video embeds always rescale the screen?

4 Likes

Spinning too fast

Psychology :arrow_right: Physics :arrow_right: Mechanics :arrow_right: Physiology :arrow_right: Medicine

15 Likes

To be fair, The Zipper is one of the most brutal of the generic carnival rides.

10 Likes

A beatdown in the name of fun.

6 Likes

I have seen videos of that stunt so many times, and it always ends the same way.

19 Likes

Reminds me of the endless videos where people think it would be a good idea to launch fireworks from their butt crack.

12 Likes

Where one’s end meets its end?

14 Likes

What kind of crack is that!?

7 Likes

I bet he saw Jesus. I bet.

5 Likes

But did Jesus see him?

6 Likes

I’m no fun at amusement parks and carnivals, because rides like that get all grades of “Hell to the no, I’m not riding that” from me. I’m mean just look at that rickety ass piece of shit. Sounds like it needs a couple tubs of axle grease on it, which rings those warning bells of minimal preventative maintenance.

I’m always amazed at what human beings consider fun. Seriously, someone operated a person launching trebuchet (warning, it closed for probably the reason you think.)

9 Likes

Yeah… I think most of them use the first gear and try to control the speed with the throttle.
Instead of selecting a higher gear, keep the throttle constant, and control the speed with the clutch.

2 Likes

Well… [shrugs] Jesus was a biker.

3 Likes

In some of the videos, they use scooters with CVT. As the ride torques up, the ratio will shift higher, which won’t be good.

1 Like

One thing I love about The Zipper is that it’s a classic that is still among the best in a field more crowded than it was 45 years ago. Growing up it was like the ultimate ride at the fair, the thing you worked your way up to. Still don’t think I’ve been on another as great (except for roller coasters, a different category).

2 Likes

As a kid, one of the best things about The Zipper was the amount of small change that would rain down.

5 Likes

This one seems to be a Yamaha Aerox, which does indeed have CVT.

2 Likes

But somehow I still choose to watch each one.

2 Likes