Movie moments that "F***'d Me Up as a kid!"

Oh, hell no! As a kid, that would’ve sent me right over the edge! Almost as bad as the time my brother hid under my bed and grabbed me like the scene from Friday the 13th. It’s a wonder I didn’t wind up looking like Billy at the end of SCTV’s Rats sketch. :scream:

5 Likes

I remember this low budget gem which did not scare me at all…

And they made a second one and a cartoon about it, too!

Come to think of it, they did a Toxic Avenger cartoon as well!

So a TROMA film was made into a child’s cartoon! The early 90s were kind of wild…

9 Likes

Theatre of Blood with Vincent Price was the one for me as a child. The Poodle Pie scene has me pretty freaked out. Freaked my daughter out when she was a kid as well.

6 Likes

How many other people only realized that there aren’t any villains in E.T. after re-watching the movie as an adult?

I remember being terrified by all the government guys in hazmat suits but in retrospect all the people in the movie were behaving pretty rationally and compassionately under the circumstances.

Except the cops who drew guns walkie talkies on kids, but that was probably the most realistic part of the whole movie.

14 Likes

bambi

18 Likes

It was Twilitght Zone: The Movie for me but I’m right there with you. I caught this bit right from the start of the movie and refused to watch TV for like three months afterwards.

9 Likes

Yeah, it was only as an adult who had read Titus Andronicus and rewatched that movie that I could laugh knowing what Price’s Shakespearian actor had in mind. In the right context, the horrors of that film are fun. As a kid with no reference point to all of the Shakespeare killings, Price’s over the top insanity wasn’t the campy good time intended.

4 Likes

Oh, and this guy:

4 Likes

As a child (late 60’s early 70’s) I still had a black and white TV - that may have been the one!

3 Likes

Almost every japanese cartoon had poignant moments too. They love these crying inducing scenes.

5 Likes

I WAS a little freaked out at the scene where they come out of a sink drain and kill someone ala The Blob, but the rest was so silly. Plus the noises of the tomatoes muttering as they attacked was too funny to be scary.

3 Likes

Talking of Titus Andronicus, I saw it as a teen and was fucked up by what Demitrius and Chiron do to Lavinia. Real horror is imagining that happening to yourself.

5 Likes

Or to someone you love, which is why the principal characters keep torturing each other by murdering and mutilating each other’s children right up to the final scene when Titus serves up the pie that inspires Arya Stark.

7 Likes

My folks took me to see the 1970s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers at too young an age. There’s a scene with a dog and if you’ve seen movie you know what I’m talking about. I re-watched it and the film still holds up.

9 Likes

Holy crap! The ear bug scene! Everything just came tragically flashing back to me. My dad took me to the theater to see that when it first came out. I just looked up the year… 1982. I was seven years old. :flushed:

9 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t remember it happening. Apparently my parents left me with a movie/daycare thing while they shopped in the mall. When they came to pick me up I was inconsolable. “Bambi killed his mom!!!”

6 Likes

When “Hime Alone” came out, I almost took the daughter of a friend.

But the ads showed that part where the uncle was mean to Kevin, and I decided against it.

3 Likes

Same. There might be enough of us to start a support group. That was the first R-rated anything I really ever saw–a friend showed it to me while his parents weren’t home. Like, I don’t think we even watched the whole movie, he just fast-forwarded the tape to show me all the violent stuff.

4 Likes

Also: Old Yeller and Where The Red Fern Grows

4 Likes