Movie moments that "F***'d Me Up as a kid!"

F that. Lust guy gave me nightmares and I was 20.

3 Likes

No Grave of the Fireflies?

6 Likes

Ever seen Cool World?

3 Likes

Never saw the movie but this was my favorite book as a young boy. Still get misty eyed about the part at the end when Old Dan dies after tangling with the mountain lion.

2 Likes

They totally forgot to include that part in Manos: the Hands of Fate when Torgo tries to…I dunno…kinda hit on the dude’s wife…or whatever it was. FREAKY!!

This is the saddest cartoon of all the time. Fortunately I was only able to see it as an adult.

2 Likes

You’re right, it’s just flat out a traumatizing movie to watch. Certainly that’s the point of it, it’s absolutely worth watching but it’s a soul crushing story to experience.

3 Likes

One of my fave MST3K movies they’ve ever done

2 Likes

0:34 and the creepy bug is the anxiety induced by all the crap that happened this year

I forgot two Star Trek things that traumatized me- That Which Survives, which had the women who would appear out of nowhere, say “I am for you” and kill with a touch- that gave me literal nightmares. And in the “Making of Star Trek” book I had to always be careful to skip the page that had the giant picture of Balok’s puppet (these are from being like 4 or 5 years old)

4 Likes

Pssh.

Aside from the ear-slug scene from the Wrath of Khan, all of that was way tame to me, jaded as I have been for at least the last 30 years.

No, this is what harshed my fuckin’ mellow, and I wasnt even a little kid when I saw it:

8 Likes

Anyone here seen The Cat’s Eye TV show? The scene with the creature sucking up the kid’s life force really creeped me tf out.

Also looking back at it i had no idea that was Drew Barrymore :open_mouth:

8 Likes

I didn’t get around to watching Cool World until I was an adult and I just remember getting angry with how bad it was because I was such a big fan of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and this movie felt like it wanted to be a grittier version of that but didn’t know where to begin.

Starting with the premise:

Cartoon guy: Welcome to Cool World, human! I’m glad you’re here, you can be our new cop!
Brad Pitt: What laws do you need me to enforce?
Cartoon guy: There’s actually only one law in Cool World: humans can’t have sex with cartoons. Because that would destroy our universe, or something.
Brad Pitt: But I can have sex with other humans here, right?
Cartoon guy: There are no other humans here.
Brad Pitt: …?

4 Likes

That was a movie, not a series.

And, yep; the little troll in the wall trying to steal her breath kinda freaked me out, even as a teen.

4 Likes

I’ve heard some of the background for the original pitch of the movie, it got quite a few rewrites and even as they were making it they made a lot of last minute changes so the end result was a hot mess. Visually and somewhat conceptually it’s promising but the actual movie is really not good.

5 Likes

Yes. Last Starfighter scene is a solid addition.

2 Likes

And the scene with the decoy robot? His forming head was frightening and made me jump from the theater seat.

1 Like

How about the CPR scene in The Thing?

8 Likes

I love the reaction of the guy on the right at 0:15. “Okay?”

1 Like

Hah, that’s the one episode I remember, though I saw tons of them. I think I had one of the space ships as a toy: which was pretty much the same quality as the props themselves, whatever that says.

2 Likes