MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle describes in 2 words why the GOP tanked (it's real simple, folks)

I think that you are misinterpreting the meaning of “delivered” here. Nobody is saying that Trump introduced the idea to begin with. He just got them over the finish line, but that’s definitely not nothing.

1 Like

Yeah, but any Republican president would have delivered that. She’s saying they should distance themselves from Trump, then gives three reasons, and one is because he’s associated with bad abortion policy. That’s just not his albatross.

If this were a Fox anchor, maybe, but it’s a big leap from her statement to “Is she trying to rehabilitate the Republican party?”

Her point seems to be that Donald Trump is a loser, and I don’t see any reason to read beyond that. But sure, we can all agree that “Actually, the Republicans are all losers.”

thanks for asking, I had the same question and wasn’t going to watch videos.

1 Like

He’s a symptom of powerlessness and he and his fellow travellers are inventors or enemies and exploiters of powerlessness.

(And thanks to @ChuckV for the video I lifted this from.)

1 Like

You’ve got it backwards. Dobbs was enabled by Trump’s packing of the court.

Let’s see how long that holds if the House ends up in GOP hands and they spend all day every day impeaching him and harassing his son. He’ll need to pack to the court to start removing insurrectionist congresspersons under the 14Asec3.

3 Likes

He’s currently the best chance we have to keep the GOP out for another 4 years at least, so yes. He absolutely should and I’m very sure he will.

I look forward to someone younger stepping up, as soon as they get the votes to do so. I don’t see how that’s likely before 2024.

Also, Biden’s racked up a pretty impressive number of wins in just the first 2 years of his first term. So as frustrated as progressives can get with him, me included, he is delivering far better than I had any right to expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.