"Murder hornets" invade America

Killer hornets, snakehead fish, grass carp, Tree of Heaven, Covid-19…what’s your damage, Asia? Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?

Not now, murder hornets.

3 Likes

These aren’t much bigger than Eastern cicada killers:

cicadakillersthumb

Though it sounds like they are more aggressive. And the last thing North American bees need right now is another problem…

18 Likes

You have a wonderful avatar/icon.

2 Likes

Wait until the murder corgis show up!!!

They have a MUCH shorter range though.

15 Likes

So reading the article I wasn’t deeply fucking horrified at all to discover that the sightings have essentially been in a geographic triangle, one side of which lies my house. No more outside time for me, holy crap.

5 Likes

These things can kill praying mantises. No bug beats them one on one (yes, there was a web site where a guy tested this)

5 Likes

Honey Badger. Honey Buzzard. Is “Honey” the new code word for bad-ass animals?

“Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Pit bulls shall now be known throughout the land as Honey Puppies!”

I think that works better if you imagine it in Michael Palin’s voice.

13 Likes

Nah, they’re just busy destroying Africa.

10 Likes

And just like injecting bleach, we can easily sell flamethrowers right next to hunting rifles and family protection handguns.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, I know. I wonder if there’s a region in the world where things are relatively peaceful right now for humans.

3 Likes

Does the ISS count?

10 Likes

They’re from Asia. You KNOW there will be pissheads who will use this as an excuse to harass and attack natural-born American citizens of Asian ancestry.

2 Likes

you aren’t kidding btw

4 Likes

“Part of a leg…”? “A” leg? Is it not important to specify whose (or what’s) leg? Because I think it is!

17 Likes

I’ll only start worrying about giant “Murder Hornets” when Trump start telling people not to worry he’s got the “Murder Hornets” all under control.

17 Likes

Yes these are just perfect, till a two year old licks it and cries all night.

1 Like

I have slain many a wasp and hornet with my trusty badminton badmitten, whatever, the shuttlecock slapper thingy, makes mince meat of wee flying devils. Lord come to think of it I should be in pest control, hmm. I never hurt the Tarantula Hawks that live around here, I love them, diligently eating spiders for me, love those things. This is why I don’t spray DDT and stuff.

4 Likes

While these beasties are totally terrifying in their winged animate mode - I can confirm that they are also delicious in their wok fried form :

Was treated to this culinary pleasure on a trip to Shenzhen a while back.

4 Likes