"Murder hornets" invade America

Probably. I took the comment as a reminder of the irony of people whose ancestors may have come here a generation or two ago telling those whose may have come three or four generations ago to “go back where they came from!” and so on. Asian Americans are sometimes dubbed “perpetual foreigners” because in many USians’ eyes, they’re never “real Americans.”

3 Likes

Japanese Hornets? Nice, now I can make my own hornet-infused rice wine.

Picked this up in Iwakuni, Japan. I think its rice wine, but it could be sake or vodka. All I know is it tastes revolting.

7 Likes

Catching a bumblebee in the thorax while riding, right between the helmet and jacket, was bad enough. (The hard part was pulling over while it intermittently buzzed against my throat until I freed it.)

These… I’ll hole up with sentry guns.

5 Likes

Here in Australia we had a scare in 80’s about European Wasps.

1 Like

They are the most dangerous wild creature in Japan, killing more people than snakes, bears and boars put together.
The photograph is not very good, the yellow is much brighter and stands out. images

8 Likes

2 Likes

Spiders so big rifles take them out?

You got some serious nightmare fuel there buddy

2 Likes

These are the only killer bees I’m down with

2 Likes

I’m not an expert, but that could be the dead, giant, venomous insect infusing it with its essence :thinking:

Hell, I don’t even like vodka with grass in it

10 Likes

Between your name and your mention of praying mantises, I immediately thought of a kaiju version of these damned things. Oh wait, that is the kaiju version!

2 Likes

What, they didn’t rename it yet?

Now that just sounds wrong… you can scare Australians? With insects?

3 Likes

What did happen to those? Weren’t they supposed to make the Southwest unlivable or something?

The scary part is… the rifle didn’t take him out!!! :fearful: :fearful: :fearful:

*Joking!!

2 Likes

1 Like

This is the real reason I fear global warming. Up here in Minnesota, we have a nice solid freeze every winter. When it gets to -20F and stays there for about 3 days, most of the non-native/invasive species who rode up here hidden inside freight trucks and trains just get too darn cold, and they die. (Not so much in the heat islands around the major cities, of course.) I’d rather have a few days of deadly cold than summers full of murder hornets.

3 Likes

As a child of the 70s and scare TV like “In Search of…” I made this meme:

2 Likes

On a recumbent bike, I got tagged on the right hip by a yellow jacket that flew up my shorts. There are worse places to get hit, but that was bad enough. That was the day I learned the value of spandex.

4 Likes

Murder Hornets:
Electric Wasp Racket.

3 Likes