Museums and the free world: keynote from the Museums and the Web conference in Florence

[Permalink]

1 Like

I have little of substance to contribute but I do feel as though ā€œGLAMā€ should expand to ā€œgalleries, libraries, archives, and museumsā€ rather than ā€œgalleries, museums, archives, and librariesā€.
I am finished nitpicking now.

1 Like

Reading the points of your ā€˜conference speakā€™ , I look forward to a complete text/video of your complete narration. Nice linkage of old too modern technology, reminiscent of James Burkeā€™s narration on ā€˜Connectionsā€™.

Great pics of the open art paintings/sculptors in Florence.

Which would you rather see: an oil painting of a Victorian monarch, a ramrod stiff photo of your great-grandmother in her confirmation smock, or a hundred transcripts of the conversations she shared with her peers and her family?

As a historian, I have to say this is exactly right.

As a citizen of the internet age, I have to say the more likely choice is between an oil painting of some monarch and a hundred pictures of your then-23-year-old great-grandfatherā€™s junk.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.