Music and video revealed for new Disney World ride: Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/04/music-and-video-revealed-for-new-disney-world-ride-tianas-bayou-adventure.html

2 Likes

Cue the usual complaints from right-wingers who think their racism will go unnoticed.

I’m also glad to see the attraction re-named. Naming it after a completely unrelated movie for some short-term publicity at the behest of the “genius” CEO was an embarrassing move for Disney.

Interestingly, the original Splash Mountain ride continues unchanged in Tokyo Disneyland, with no announced plans for re-theming.

I’d imagine that most Japanese visitors to that park are even more unaware of the history behind the funny animal animatronic characters on the ride than most Americans under age 50 are. They’ll probably get around to it eventually, but changing things in the U.S. is the priority.

2 Likes

I’m just curious what kind of story they’re going to tell given that they reportedly decided to cut out any reference to Dr. Facilier. I guess that means no frog curse and no conflict? Maybe it’s just supposed to take place after the events of the movie.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll be hitting this on the next Disneyworld trip.

DW has given me a lot of great core memories, but one of the best was seeing a very good Tiana cast member break character for a moment when she saw my granddaughter’s natural hair. The smile in the picture is radiant from both of them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.