Music sequencer inspired by Turtle graphics programming

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/29/music-sequencer-inspired-by-tu.html

Hmmm, wasn’t it called Logo back in the day, and the little triangle thing was called the turtle? Is this a derivative drawing program project? I guess I could google that, but that seems so difficult, compared to firing off a half-cocked message!

6 Likes

Yeah I remember it being called Terrapin Logo.

3 Likes

Are you sure you don’t mean ‘Logo’ which introduced people to the concept of turtle graphics? I can’t find any references to a language called Turtle.

5 Likes

Not familiar with Turtle but is it at all related to Logo?

Edit: lol seems like i’m not the only one with that association. I took logo as a kid and have fond memories of programming for it in class. You could in fact program music in it and i recall a keyboard/piano application for it. You could also do animations, quizzes, games, etc.

4 Likes

The sound (but not the interface) reminds me of the music composers in Spore. Does anybody play Spore any more?

1 Like

There are quite a few programing languages that use a turtle for vector based drawing, Logo was the first and some non-Logo languages with a turtle called themselves Logo despite not being very similar to Logo.

I think the tweet gets the usage right as a general program concept “turtle graphics” but Mark makes the mistake of making it it’s own language Turtle.

1 Like

Yeah, I did end up doing teh Google, and arrived at the same conclusion. The synthesizer app is pretty fun I will add!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.