Musk’s ex-girlfriend describes their relationship as “the best internship ever”

Not yet, anyway. Not while he’s scrimping and begging for X nee Twitter ad bucks. Don’t want people to see his likely Nazi paraphernalia (and unmentionables?) just yet.

3 Likes

Ok, I certainly understand that when it comes to abuse victims, but is there any way to differentiate between survivors of abuse and women who willingly, enthusiastically, enter into consensual relationships with terrible men? Obviously there’s a large amount of overlap but I think that automatically defining anyone who would date this guy as a victim is denying any agency on the part of these women.

4 Likes

That’s sort of my point? We don’t know, so we shouldn’t assume the worst here. Otherwise, I am not qualified to answer to the rest of your comment.

9 Likes

Does that make Twitter

4 Likes

I got to applaud that kind of reach-back. And for a Jeffery Jones character at that!

2 Likes

They met over a discussion of Roku’s Basilisk or some other “long termist” shite so I never thought she was anything but part of the evil rich.

6 Likes

This thing screams, “Grimes still needs help getting over her Stockholm syndrome” and “Wow, what a toxic relationship” to me

8 Likes

Whatever it is, she’s definitely not helping with shit like this:

Hopefully some day she will come to terms with what a horrible man he is and why he doesn’t deserve her, or anyone’s, ongoing support.

10 Likes

The 1st sentence is correct: People don’t like talking about Elon. Full stop.
And the shite about “master class in leadership and engineering…” definitely can be considered in the exact opposite sense. Tesla and SpaceX have succeeded in spite of Musk, not because of Musk. Twitter is the example of a Musk-centric corner office.

7 Likes

She’s begging to have any shred of remaining intellectual credibility disintegrate with that phrase. That’s what a kid in Grade 6 would say.

4 Likes

One would hope, but most of the babble that comes out of her is barely coherent and rarely cogent. She seems bought in to the weird eugenics crap that Musk is – but she’s got an “I heard about this at a rave” level of depth about it – which is fine because deeper is all conspiracy nonsense, but she comes across like a person wearing a Thin Blue Line shirt and really thinking it supports cops, without thinking about how or what that means.

Insane shit about Mars, Aliens, Human Evolution, god knows what.

At some point I believe she was a respected artist for something. I hope she finds her way.

6 Likes

It also stands out how much it started toxic. Like, very clearly their first date was not seeing if they liked one another, it was Musk auditioning her exactly as if she were some kind of intern but for breeding. I do have some sympathy for anyone who falls for someone like that but man, he is a mass of red flags.

8 Likes

More than ever I feel like she deserves our sympathy - and some deprogramming, as it really sounds like Musk wasn’t her boyfriend so much as her cult leader. Either way, it sound abusive, and although she escaped the relationship, she’s still suffering from some brainwashing.

4 Likes

the set-top box that punishes us for not having one

13 Likes

No one else has cosplayed Atlas Shrugged so hard

9 Likes

I was reading the whole thing assumed a “/S” at the end. To my disappointment, she was serious.

5 Likes

Disgusted Ew GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 Likes

In Musk’s case, that’s a round about way of saying fascism.

9 Likes

“old-world kind of discipline” is a certified Apartheid-era dogwhistle. Just wow.

11 Likes

My takeaway from this interview (and everything else I’ve read about her) is that she’s not so much evil or even particularly right wing, she’s just an absolute idiot. She got together with - and was swayed by - Elon because he’s an idiot who knows how to make himself seem impressive.

6 Likes