Musk’s ex-girlfriend describes their relationship as “the best internship ever”

Originally published at: Musk's ex-girlfriend describes their relationship as "the best internship ever" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Welp, there goes any lingering sympathy I might have once harbored for Grimes.

25 Likes

Garbage people tend to associate with and admire other garbage people.

16 Likes

Elon has an old-world kind of discipline I really respect.

WTF does that even mean? Every single day, kippers for breakfast? Ruthlessly listening to Mozart every afternoon at 1pm?

15 Likes

It means BDSM.

4 Likes

Yeah that was an especially weird bit since Elon’s behavior really strikes me as the polar opposite of how a person with tremendous self-discipline would behave.

28 Likes

Maybe he steals cultural artifacts from Africa and the Middle East and keeps them in a museum?

18 Likes

But not a publicly accessible museum, obviously.

16 Likes

:thinking:

As for diet, he has claimed he starts his day with octopus, a bowl of ice cream, eight oatmeal biscuits, and a donut. “I’d rather eat tasty food and live a shorter life,” he said.

Mark Zuckerberg would kick Elon Musk's ass, experts say • The Register

9 Likes

That sounds like the kind of thing a Full-of-Shit techbro would claim he has for breakfast.

13 Likes

If Grimes saw “that SpaceX stuff” up close, she might have realised that Musk doesn’t do the engineering and that (reputedly) senior executives try to protect the company from his “leadership”.

16 Likes

Benito-Mussolini

18 Likes

It means if she had taken Elon along on her Mississippi Houseboat Adventure, he would have commanded the authorities to have towed said riverboat downstream instead of impounding it.

5 Likes

Because he isn’t it.

7 Likes

“It felt like a scene out of a Marvel movie.”

Truly, she is an artist with a depth of experiences and a mastery of metaphor, with a wealth of insight and quite an evocative way with words.

10 Likes

From the Vanity Fair profile quoted by Snopes:

‘I feel really trapped between two worlds,’ Grimes tells me. ‘I used to be so far left that I went through a period of living without currency, living outside.’

It’s said that political extremists are more likely to flip to the other extreme than to become more moderate. IIRC the first neoconservatives were former Trotskyists.

11 Likes

… actually a lot of people do that

but not usually as a political statement :thinking:

19 Likes

There are lots of things to take from this interview, but IMHO this is not one of them. In fact it is one of the worst things we can do.

As a child of a domestic abuse survivor myself, I am deeply aware of the contortions Women often put themselves through to just survive in that environment, especially when children are involved. If Grimes had to convince herself that there was a positive aspect to her relationship to survive it, the worst thing we can do is declare her unsympathetic because she still lives with those scars today.

I’m happy she got out. I hope she has the opportunity to be the person she wants, free from manipulation and abuse as a result.

11 Likes

Specifically the parts of 1986’s Howard the Duck where a weird pasty-white alien hobgoblin makes uncomfortable sexual advances toward a human woman rock musician.

13 Likes

Stiffing your workers on o/t pay, or not giving a fuck up a cat’s ass for safety? [See SpaceX and Tesla]

12 Likes