My 15.6-inch Android device is smeared with food and grease, and I love it

That won’t matter when the US switches to chip and pin. No signature involved for that.

Can we please stop using the term ‘Retina Display?’

It’s marketing bullshit which means absolutely nothing, especially as there are many devices on the market with crisper displays but less firm branding.

Say your iPad has a ‘high density display.’ Be technically accurate, instead of repeating the marketing talk.

2 Likes

Or, if you must, say “Retina Display ™”. Because that’s the only sense in which it’s a legitimate use of the term.

1 Like

I have discovered that those POS terminals will generally lock up if you color in the whole text box, instead of signing your name. Then, of course, you become the jackass who just clogged the line and busted the credit card machine…or at least I became that person. But hey, it was WalMart and they’d already crushed my chocolate chip cookies, so…

1 Like

I love POS terminals. My signature? OK. Vladimir Putin. A triangle. Here’s a picture of a bird. Here is an abstract form. Here is my representation of a hypercube. Yes, that’s my legitimate signature.

No, I have never, ever had a transaction decline for this reason, even when the clerk watches me doodle it.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.