My favorite old YouTube videos

Originally published at: My favorite old YouTube videos | Boing Boing

5 Likes

If I had to pick some favorite old videos, they would certainly be iamamiwhoami’s “prelude” video series from 2011/2012, which I discovered right here on boingboing.

I was such a fanboy back then. I fell deep into the rabbit hole.

2 Likes

I don’t remember if it was the first video I saw on YouTube or if it was the first one I found hilarious. It was certainly memorable. A stick figure video for Fall Out Boy’s “Sugar We’re Going Down” where mis-interpreted lyrics are acted out by stick figures.

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

I still think Auto Tune the News was one of the most genius ideas ever.
From 2009, which is older than some posts so far, so I think its fair to classify as “old YouTube.”
There’s a lot of good stuff to choose from. This one sticks with me for its beat and Dick Cheney.

3 Likes

A bit ut put out that 1900 Nerd Girl is private! :frowning:

1-900-NERD-GIRL = Slander and Lies!

1 Like
6 Likes

Then there’s classics like this, whose 2007 upload date definitely qualifies it as Old Youtube, and then you realize (or are reminded) that it’s the YouTube reupload of a video that was viral before YouTube existed:

5 Likes

I tried archiving some nice ones but their script it transpires only cracks with making advertisements longer and even longer…

Definitely an underappreciated predecessor to the videos of entitled people and whackadoodles remixed/set to music in the last few years.

Talk about a classic! :3

1 Like

Definitely one of the best. Thanks for helping me remember the good old days. :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

Pre-YouTube, but still great.

Is it this video?

1 Like

Not quite. Zendulo did a devastatingly funny take down of that clip, hence “slander and lies”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.