My Life on the Road: Losing it

The idea that we are supposed to be able to “hold it all together” all of the time is harmful. If we can learn to accept that we have feelings, and that experiencing them is ok, it would make life easier to get through. It’s been a difficult year for everyone, having it all crash down at once feels like failure if you’ve been focused on being “strong” and trying to avoid emotional responses to things.
It is funny how all of here are using the tech you need to get away from for a while to be encouraging.

5 Likes

This is my favorite.

3 Likes

Better words have perhaps never been spoken.

2 Likes
1 Like

During lockdown here in the UK at my girlfriend’s place so the smartphone is my tech. Had to move flats (apartment) and still haven’t assembled the bed there. In the past year-and-a-bit got into playing Fallen London and finding the bleak humour keeps my mind ticking over (love of an amazing woman keeps me alive). It’s stupid, pointless and great fun on the FL subreddit (huge argument with another player as to the merits of the Zubmarine v Pleasure Yacht: Zub Club for the win!).
Fact is: it’s pointless tosh and helps me stay functional. On my phone it’s 1899, “40 years ago London was stolen by bats”, and the Lord Mayor is a cat. That and the collages of @Coldwar_Steve on twitter (bloke’s a genius and “finding Cilla” in his works beats finding Wally/Waldo anytime). Stay safe. Like they say in Fallen London: “All shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.” (If you know what that means Mr Cards asks you not to go NORTH, delicious friends.)

5 Likes

You know I’ll take you up on a visit, if we ever wing out your way, my friend.

7 Likes

Roger That!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.