Mysterious rolls of cash randomly appearing in English village

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/19/mysterious-rolls-of-cash-rando.html

5 Likes

BRB, gotta book a flight.

15 Likes

Is that Simon Pegg Sr., if not then why is he, oh forget it.

10 Likes

“Honey, I just decided, we’re going to the UK for the holidays!”

9 Likes

somebody’s feeling guilty…

13 Likes

Some dear old elderly person has a drawer full of rolled cash, and birds are plucking them out occasionally and dropping them around the district.

4 Likes

A old prankster with no children or who hates his children is my guess. Can’t take it with you anyway.

4 Likes

You beat me to it.

I was thinking, Pinkman’s in the UK, now?

8 Likes

To Blackhall Colliery?

7 Likes

By the oddest coincidence I mislaid 12 rolls of cash while in Blackhall Colliery. Were they green and bound with rubber bands by any chance? I can be reached at the palace in Lagos, Nigeria.

9 Likes

5 Likes

It could be worse, with something like squid.

1 Like

No, they’re purple.

2 Likes

I’m thinking I should also randomly show up in that village.

:slightly_smiling_face:

“I have looked into it and I am not thinking crime, drug dealing or money laundering. Drug dealers are not known for being reckless with their money.”

Hm. Could an argument be made that money laundering is reckless?

came here for that, wasnt disapointed.

Well, twelve rolls that the finders turned in to police anyway

I will never understand most people.

4 Likes

It’s worth bearing in mind that in England in particular there’s a strong tendency to rule-following, for good and ill.

1 Like

To be fair, it is a lot nicer now:

Money handed in to the police will be given to the finder after a few months if not claimed. If you keep money you find, you could be charged with ‘theft by finding’.

2 Likes

I’m aware of studies in many countries around the world and they’ve found that in most cases, if you leave a wallet around, people will hand it in, and if there’s money in the wallet, that only increases the chances of it being handed in.

Most people probably aren’t aware of the legalities around finding money lying around, folk are just generally more honest than most people expect.

5 Likes

True. It’s the same beach they filmed Alien 3 on, before they spent £10M cleaning up a century of mining waste

1 Like
1 Like