Mysterious "shark lair" turns out to be epic buffet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/18/mysterious-shark-lair-turn.html

2 Likes

Industry convention.

9 Likes

Sad I skipped the Consumer Entertainment Show this year if squid was on offer!

3 Likes

Kind of like my cats, and my neighbor’s backyard. She brings all the delightful woodland creatures with bait of seeds and nuts, and my cats too feast.

3 Likes

I was gonna say that one restaurant halfway across the state that’s worth visiting on special occasions.

3 Likes

Welp, now you know where to find all the shark finning boats next year.

2 Likes

Go kitties!

Oh, I just got this… I wondered why your cats would be eating seeds and nuts. Kitties still RULE!

1 Like

Sad… :cry:

1 Like

Shark Rave!

2 Likes

Came for the lawyer jokes. Left disappointed. (I can’t think of one either).

8 Likes

so, the sharks go somewhere they normally wouldn’t and they assume it is for food and inquire about what is in the area at that time and find out it is these tiny squid and assume the sharks must be eating them instead of their normal food.

when they actually study the area they find a ton of the species that the sharks normally eat are there at that time and offhandedly wonder that those must be eating? Not stopping to wonder at the original premise. The other species listed feed off of smaller prey and are the prey of the sharks, and they migrate there at that time because that is what they eat, maybe the sharks are following them, aka their normal food. often times these migrations attract several order of predator prey relationships. food following food following food following food, it’s called the food chain for a reason.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.