Mystery magic spells, etched on gold, unearthed in Serbia

But what happens if you play them backwards?! Probably just an unreleased Judas Priest song

3 Likes

According to Wiki, “abracadabra” may in fact be derived from the Aramaic for “It came to pass as it was spoken.”

3 Likes

“The weird thing is, as soon as we read the names aloud the skeletons started uncovering themselves.”

2 Likes

a man a plan a canal panama

2 Likes

… then we’ll never know…

2 Likes

The Bath Curse Tablets are related, though they were all “goddess, please kill that bastard who stole my gloves” kinds of things. I saw some of them in Bath and was rather delighted by angry ancient Romans sending passive-aggressive notes to their goddess.

5 Likes

DO NOT READ ALOUD!!

Cthulhu will cast us all into madness.

1 Like

4 Likes

the spells are probably safe to read aloud - after all they are not written in APL

5 Likes

What if they are sweet wrapperss?

2 Likes

Which means?

Every French-speaking kid has to learn this incantation. It’s preparation for memorizing all the frickin’ grammar.

Very roughly from the old nordic shaman:
Emstrang Gram - Ever-strong Moon-wolf (the celestial wolf - it’s gotta be who the wolves are howling to)
Bigà bigà ic calle Gram - Come, come, I call (the) Moon-wolf
Bure bure ic raede tan - Appear, appear!( as) I’m using the stick (wand)
Emstrang Gram - Ever-strong Moon-wolf! (the last syllable is yelled out and implies ‘now, we eat!’)

1 Like

Mom buys you new crayons because your fireballs look like cabbages.

I think you’re at least 36 years late.

5 Likes

How long before the “there was an advanced global civilization 20,000 years ago!!” crowd latches onto this? It’s gold, so anybody’s guess as to its true age, right? (The silver bits are just part of the conspiracy.)

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.