Mystery man smashes up Apple store

Apparently, some users actually do want flatter iPhones…

17 Likes

Lol, I hope he smashes the telecom companies next.

3 Likes

give it time…

1 Like

Your feed is fed. There. Next.

Who the hell assists a mall cop?

4 Likes

I guess he was using a boule/pétanque (ital. bocce) ball. How very french … heh

15 Likes

very kind of you

1 Like

Not sure, but doesn’t he say something about " … mon droit…"?

If so, I like those French droits.

1 Like

I’m incredibly impressed with the guards’ behavior. Hands at their sides and just blocking the guys path. They don’t do anything physical until the guy does.

Here in the states, we shoot you in the face.

13 Likes

I’m sorry but I genuinely don’t know what you mean by that. In what way does the EU not make laws? It passes directly applicable laws, other laws that need implementation in nation states, and it adjudicates on those laws in its courts system,
I’m flummoxed as to what you mean.

The boule cracked me up to!

3 Likes

dude was super pissed the store removed all the iPhone 6 cases for new iPhone 7 cases.

I hate that shit too, I don’t blame him.

1 Like

In the good old days, smashing up an apple store just resulted in more applesauce.

Hopefully, once liquid metal phones are invented, this problem will resolve itself.

12 Likes

I originally saw this on Boing Boing’s Facebook. This link appeared as a related share:

25 Likes

*sigh*  [clicks ‘like’ button]

10 Likes

That’s how it works in the civilised world. Violence against people is reserved as a response to violence against people; mere property damage doesn’t cut it. Phones are replacable, lives aren’t.

When violence is required, you limit it to the minimum necessary.

19 Likes

It passes framework Directives, which are then implemented as national laws. It’s an important point - look at the moronic (to be polite) British voters who complained about “laws being made by the EU”. We don’t call trade agreements “laws”, but often actual laws need to be passed to implement them (e.g. Statutory Instruments to recognise negotiated tariff rates.)
Laws resulting from Directives do differ from country to country, which is part of the reason why Facebook can be taken to court for invasion of privacy in Belgium but not in the UK.

5 Likes

Precisely my point.

The only reason to use violence in this situation is because you prefer violence.

2 Likes

Oh, man. The last paragraph of that article is pure gold.

3 Likes

All I can hear him saying is

6 Likes

Come on, we’ve all had times when you want to eradicate every last fucking device like the one that will. not. behave. itself FOR FUCK’s FUCKING SAKE from the face of the earth. I, for instance, used to own a Renault five, and I still get angry when I see an SU carburettor.

6 Likes