Mystery man smashes up Apple store

In the 2nd video, he asks the guard “Colle-moi une patate” which is slang for “hit me” but it literally translates to “glue me a potato”. This is now my new favorite phrase!

10 Likes

Oh come on. Don’t tell me they don’t enjoy bullying a guy with 3-4 people.

1 Like

This is the frenchest video I’ve seen in a while.

2 Likes

Nah, true Android fanboys want Apple fanboys to continue to waste money on one-clicky no-thinky devices. Owning “functional” Apple products is it’s own punishment.

2 Likes

Maybe so. I definitely wouldn’t enjoy it!

1 Like

That’s good stuff.

1 Like

Everyone just lets him get on with it, presumably for legal reasons or corporate policy.

It’s a good policy, someone could have gotten really hurt. As it is the mall cops, and the perp himself may be sore, but probably nothing that won’t heal quickly. Best to leave the violence to the experts: when he went for the neck of one of the mall cops they knew the correct counter.

3 Likes

Time travelling Steve Wozniak

7 Likes

Isn’t this what the old school anarchists referred to as “propaganda of the deed”?

He would arguably have been more correct in using a sledgehammer and a generically athletic outfit for the smashing; but I suppose he doesn’t really look the part enough to sell the allusion in person.

15 Likes

True Android fans are secure in their preferences and don’t need to boost their ego by constantly bashing anyone who chose differently.

Of course, that’s true of true Apple fans as well. True fans of anything, really

9 Likes

Better to smash the things than the people.

That’s what I tell myself with every useless stupid ‘upgrade’ that just removes everything that worked well and leaves the crap.

6 Likes

From the first still, I thought it was Time-traveling Gordon Clark.

(Which will make no sense if you haven’t been watching “Halt and Catch Fire.”)

2 Likes

It went on waaay too long. There are a dozen of options between blocking a path and gunning someone down (which is too common, I agree). If he was doing this with a baseball bat would that matter? You always have to assume something like this–even with a steel ball, is still a major threat. You don’t sit and wait for the worst and then act. They security guys were lucky, in my opinion.

1 Like

…and regulations?

Seriously. That is, I struggle to express it, insane.

I cannot comprehend what you are saying.

1 Like

The thing about intervention is that it only makes sense if you suspect that it will improve the situation.

In this case, the rampage would have been less expensive if stopped earlier; but become much more expensive(and potentially irreparable) if he decided to bash in somebody’s face rather than another phone.

The Apple retail people certainly aren’t getting paid enough to risk melee combat to protect the merchandise, even if Apple actually wants them to, which is far from certain; and the rentacop would be irresponsible to escalate the matter without being reasonably sure that they could, at least, contain the situation cleanly enough to protect bystanders.

Given that the local security forces appeared to have a single guy with a metal detector, obviously aimed at deterring shoplifters and/or pesky kids, they’d be pretty optimistic to imagine that they could contain much without risking bystanders. And any bystander would be justifiably displeased if they were injured during the course of a fight to protect Apple’s merchandise.Even if you don’t much care what happens to the perp, the place was full enough that you didn’t really have the option of ignoring the interests of bystanders.

They got lucky in the sense that he didn’t decide to move on to meatier targets after running out of phones; since they clearly weren’t prepared to do much about it if he had decided to do so; but short of retroactively increasing the supply and seriousness of available mall cops, their more aggressive options would arguably have required even more luck to avoid unpleasant medical expenses.

5 Likes

Oh, cars. Just my own, though. Although I hate all cars, I only really wanted to destroy vehicles which have wronged me personally.

How much time?

1 Like

Who wouldn’t want to take video of a vertical person standing upright making up-and-down motions in a horizontal format?

#Cinerama!

6 Likes

Dude. It’s like you’re actually there!

2 Likes

I can think of a hundred ways

Preach it!

I can think of a hundred ways better

Oi, now yer just taking the piss!

The black-bloc is preachy and self-righteous everywhere you go, even when they don’t wear black.