Naked Japanese hermit forced back into civilization after 29 years on deserted island

If he had the flu, I wonder what he caught it from, since it wasn’t a person.

1 Like

A central point of K.W. Jeter’s Noir where virtually everyone is so heavily in debt that even death is a mere technicality; you can still be made functional enough to continue paying, pretty much in perpetuity.

2 Likes

Pretty much not true. The two A bombs dropped were no more destructive (discounting the fallout) than the firebombing that was already in progress. What actually made the Japanese surrender to the US was that Stalin had just entered into the war against Japan and it was agreed that they would get a FAR better deal out of the US.

4 Likes

Few other things say “leave me be” than “naked Japanese hermit”. You’d think people would get the hint and move on.

2 Likes

Imagining ash suumoning him. “Go! Feeble naked elder! I choose u! Gumming attack!”

I am going to hell for this

2 Likes

He would sometimes go to a neighboring island for supplies, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Assuming that’s true, it’s really interesting. But my point stands. The Japanese are tenacious.

Hmmm… I actually have a pair for crossing creeks and rivers while backpacking. But obviously they have not been used for a while. Hell, I’ll give it a shot on the weekends. But, I don’t know how well those would go over at the office.

Offices can change too! :joy:

Free Mister Nagasaki!

Although they are really bad at it, there are barefoot shoes that come close to not being ugly :wink:

I got these and while my partner doesn’t like them, if I would wear finger shoes, I fear she would do more then just complain every once in a while :see_no_evil:

https://int.joe-nimble.com/suppletoes-1708

I’m currently in the market for a more summer friendly sneaker type bare foot type shoe that isn’t obnoxiously ugly.

Edit to add: It’s mostly the wide toe box that is “ugly” about my current shoe when you ask my girlfriend (And I happen to agree actually). This is hard to avoid, since that is a central feature of this type of shoe, granting more freedom to your feet so they can move naturally. A lot of the other shoes look like a space ship at best and more often like you’d get a seizure if you look at them too long. There is no good reason for this.

What’s his evolved form?

From the sky, or space?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.