Nancy Wilson explains the insanely complicated opening to Heart's "Crazy on You"

1996…

1 Like

You could always try Davy Graham’s Anji to get a sense of what she’s going for before it leads to anything else. :smiley:

Anji by Davy Graham

You could also try going in reverse, listening to a heavy intro turn to a pop song (basically) and see which you prefer.

Zero the Hero (2004 Remaster)

Black Sabbath

Not at all helpful? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here:

" I’ve always held the wheel,
But I let the wind steal my power
Let it spin me 'round lose my course
Nights run by like hours
Well, it would show me the way
To the deepest mountains
Too high and beautiful to be
Mistral, mistral wind

All the hours on the watch
I wait for that breeze to move me
And blow me back to that place
Magic space all through me
And I sigh your name
Across the empty water
You made a crazy dreamer out of me
Mistral wind…"

1 Like

Two great interviews with Nancy:

Premier Guitar’s Cory Wong’s interview;

Marc Maron’s WTF

Both are very good. One thing she mentioned in both the interviews was how, when the Wilson sisters decamped from LA and returned to Seattle in the early 1990s, all the guys in the local music scene here immediately embraced them. This comes as no surprise, as us locals were in high school when Heart hit the airwaves. They were like serious Rock Goddesses to everyone here. Still are. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow learning about Davy Graham’s work is an exciting discovery for me, thanks so much for that!

1 Like

Yeah, you and Jimmy Page both (not to mention Paul Simon). Davy Graham was awesome. Led Zeppelin was how I learned about Davy Graham, Bert Jansch, Pentangle, Roy Harper and Fairport Convention. Ever listened to White Summer and wondered where that came from?

She Moved Thru’ the Bizarre Blue Raga

Davy Graham - Topic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.