NASA identified the strange spaghetti pile found on Martian surface

Originally published at: NASA identified the strange spaghetti pile found on Martian surface | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Hogwallow Flats? Have we started allowing Garrison Keillor to name Martian geography now?

13 Likes

The FSM placed it there as a warning: “All these worlds are yours except Deimos. Attempt no landing there. Use them in peace. Ramen.”

21 Likes

And we thought it was Phobos all this time…

4 Likes

There’s vomit on Mars already, Mom’s spaghetti.

2 Likes

FSM is real!

2 Likes

But have they found their poor meatball?

1 Like

And these guys?
john-carter-pic2

Clearly just pieces of Dacron and scraps of thermal blanket.

4 Likes

So basically, we’ve found a way to litter up an entire new planet. Great.

2 Likes

So my fear of that moon was irrational all along?

3 Likes

That’s the Buzz

1 Like

on the bright side, no animals are going to mistake it for food anytime soon.

really, we humans have dropped ( off handed guess ) about 10-20 cars worth of robots and probes. in the grand scheme of things doesn’t seem too bad in exchange for learning what’s out there

when - or if - we get to colonization or terra forming i think there might be more of a worry about losing something unique. right now, the reason it’s finding its own debris is precisely because its range and our impact are so small

i think it’ll be interesting to see how long they hold up with the wind storms. a hundred years, a thousand? still unclear if our ancestors will exist to have a chance to find out

2 Likes

NASA: We have identified the strange spaghetti pile on the Martian surface.

NASA: It’s a strange pile of spaghetti-like material.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.