Alien skull seen in new Mars Rover image and other fun anomalies spotted on the Red Planet this week

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/26/alien-skull-seen-in-new-mars-rover-image-and-other-fun-anomalies-spotted-on-the-red-planet-this-week.html

3 Likes

An alien skull? Please. That’s clearly a T-800 Terminator head.

8 Likes

I was thinking “decommissioned military robot from Judge Dredd.”

robot

12 Likes

We’ve got these in my yard. Pour some coffee grounds over the mound and the ants will move along. Happy to help, NASA.

11 Likes

I told NASA that leaving our space junk laying around is how you get space ants. Is that what you want? DO YOU WANT SPACE ANTS?

But they blocked me.

14 Likes

I once saw a cloud that looked exactly like an alligator and I want to know why science is not looking further into sky alligators!!!

8 Likes

Pareidolia is a hell of a drug.

11 Likes

It also enhances the hell out of a lot of drugs.

7 Likes

Yikes! Hopefully the mars scientists know that thing is full of monsters and TNT barrels. Perserverence needs to sneak up on that thing super-quietly and detonate the TNT before all the bokoblins and lizalfos run out and attack.

It’s a rock. It literally looks more like a rock than a skull.

5 Likes

How did they rule out one of these?

1 Like

In other news, I just found proof of giants…

1 Like

That’s because selective pressure from predators led to Martians evolving mimicry to resemble rocks, much as stick insects on Earth likewise evolved to look like plant parts.

…Maybe also Zoidberg?

5 Likes

Hammerstein, is that you?

2 Likes

Martian Mole hills

1 Like

Honestly I think the robot design was probably the only thing I liked about that whole shitty movie. I didn’t even realize that it was based on a robot from the comic book who really had been decommissioned on Mars.

1 Like

That and… nope, just the robot.

This little robot is cool, not quite the A.B.C. type, hope it doesn’t find anything scary out there on its own.

1 Like

The linky is broken @pesco I think this one is it?