Natural-Wood Apple Watch Charging Stand

What I meant was that surely the watch will still charge on the original charger - nightstand mode or not. If the new OS interfered with, or broke, the functionality of the wooden stand (which is to charge the watch), only THEN it would be obsolete.

Look at the second hand prices of ā€œrealā€ 911s and modern ones and tell me that.

I think it was the cutouts caused the 6+ problem.

Now there I agree 100%.
But Iā€™m not a phone maker.

1 Like

Whenever I see the headline at the bottom of a page that I am viewing, my brain swaps the words around to ā€˜Natural Apple Woodā€™

Looks nice! Iā€™ve always appreciated Sonyā€™s care to details in their more upscale-oriented industrial design. Even in products that are otherwise unremarkable, like this dog-slow Vaio netbook my father used to have (not in pink though).

The dream of a top-end small iPhone lives on, with the recent announcement of their new 4-inch iPods with iPhone-current chips and camera. Iā€™d rather stick to ios for now, because thatā€™s where my purchased apps are. And for all the BS iCloud comes with, restoring every little detail, setting and in-app content of your old phone into a new one works like delicious, eldritch magick.

1 Like

This, of course, is the issue; despite the Unix/Linux underpinnings, phones are monocultures due to the very different APIs. I thought the 4s was pretty good but at the time my company was BlackBerry, and when I made the switch it was to Android because I felt the 5s really wasnā€™t the right tradeoff. We became an all-Sony family (and thereā€™s nothing wrong with them), but I have to say if the 6 had come out instead of the 5s the decision would probably have been different.
And now Iā€™m heavily invested in the Google cloud, so iCloud would be a major change for no apparent gain. I have two phones, different sizes, different carriers, and I can configure the UI to suit the screen size but everything else essential is just shared, also with my laptops. I donā€™t think either system is now overall better or worse than the other; itā€™s mainly about support, with Apple focussing on the more end to end support for the less technical and higher-end Android offering more scope for technical users.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.