Nazi UFO toy model pulled from shelves

You can put a big Confederate battle flag on it if you prefer, like on Dukes of Hazzard.

1 Like

Interesting that it’s fighting post-War B-36 bombers.

1 Like

Holy shit - would you look at that. Would you look at that! It’s like someone took the time to directly illustrate my post!

2 Likes

“Dem Duke Boys! Always kidnapping cows and inserting anal probes!”

2 Likes

:musical_note: “Never meaning no harm…”:notes:

3 Likes

So many good hours assembling bf109s…

A popular theory among my camping lantern collecting friends is that it was cobbled out of a Preway/Turner/Brooklure lantern vent and a few ping pong balls.

turner-preway5035

7 Likes

The 109 was a good plane.
The 110 was really a disaster though.

The Nazis were twice foolish because they waited for us Italians to join them before attacking.
That luckily cost them (us?) precious months that turned out to be vital (or at least very important).

2 Likes

Model kit companies marketed other brand’s products under their own brand, depending on the country they sold in. Some firms mainly sold someone else’s product under their own brand; Testors sold Italeri in the US and Canada for a lot of popular kits. I had some kits from both that were identical except for the packaging, brand on the instruction sheet and decals.

I recognize this model. It was based on the Invaders TV show in the mid-60s. It didn’t have those decals and painting suggestion when I bought, built and played with it then. Like so many others it met a firecracker end.

3 Likes

This from WIKI:

His often-published photo of a flying saucer from 1952 has been variously identified as a streetlight or the top of a chicken brooder.[44]

3 Likes

WELL ACTUALLY, as it TURNED OUT, America was going to have the Bomb and nobody else was even close and thus no matter what happened on the ground it was going to be Game Over for the Nazis by the end of 1945 :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

1 Like

Yes, that is certainly true, let’s say that the victory against the Nazi has been obtained with conventional weaponry also because of that delay.
It’s no doubt that whoever had developed the bomb first would have won the war.

Did anbybody else other than the germans try?

I don’t think of nazis not using a swastika. That would be rude.

Germans were using the open crosses on military equipment way before nazis; weren’t they? I think it was a WWI thing.

The Brits did, but merged their programme with the US one.
In fact, the British influx was quite substantial; especially regarding the implosion trigger on plutonium bombs (Los Alamos, Nagasaki).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.