Nazi UFO toy model pulled from shelves

Why would they bother with this bit of fantasy when places like http://luft46.com/ have so many cool ideas that actually at least were thought about and put on a sketch pad.

I feel like I am living in Crazyland if people feel the need to inform others that something which didn’t exist, really, super duper, pinky swear, not fake news, did not exist.

1 Like

69%20parts

Those are the best kind! :grin:

Well, I partially agree. Maybe I overestimate people, but I think most can tell satire from sincerity. But if this…

The company said it agrees with the MHM, adding that “it is in fact a legendary, extraordinary aircraft which cannot be proven in terms of its existence.”

…is satire, then it’s very poorly expressed satire. As they say on Wikipedia, it has all the hallmarks of weasel words.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s satire - its an accurate description of those various paranormal/UFO conspiracy “things”. There are many things which are fictional or mythical that are still rooted in our consciousness.

“…a legendary, extraordinary _______ which cannot be proven in terms of its existence.” Can be used to describe Bigfoot, “Greys”, Tesla’s Earthquake machine, unicorns, Spear of Longinus, Noah’s Ark, or Aladdin’s flying carpet among many other things.

1 Like

I would probably go with mythical instead of legendary, since the latter strongly implies existence, but that could simply be me pushing back against the post-fact zeitgeist.

3 Likes

Eh - I dunno, “legends” are usually linked with myth and fable - some times rooted in some history, but not “real”. Like King Arthur or Robin Hood. Urban Legends are typically false, yet plausible… some times.

2 Likes

Next people will be up in arms because the Nazi UFO box doesn’t say that Nazi zombies and Nazi time machines didn’t exist. They’re not even part of the kit or anything, but you know, people are so easily confused, it would just be irresponsible not to mention it.

3 Likes

Looks pretty close, but that would have been a major modification to the molds. Along with differences in smaller details, the Invaders kit had 2 extra anti-grav hemispheres on its underside and large fold-down legs that tucked into that underside. I had that Invaders kit when I was a kid and obsessed over it (me being especially space-crazy then). I painted the anti-grav hemis and the cylindrical crew cabin spinning light tabs with glow juice. I’d hide it under my blanket at night and hit it with my flashlight for a good long glow!!! PS: I thought Aurora made the kit.

3 Likes

Illinois Nazis. I Hate Illinois Nazi’s.
Where are the Swastikas though? Are they optional?

3 Likes

Hmmm, Sounds bad. But not as bad as that documentary series on Amazon about how Germany and Japan won the war and divided the United States.

1 Like

1. Any one who thinks the Nazis had actual flying saucers will be sniffing glue and paint until they drool and the problem will sort itself out.

… took a minute to find, but I knew I’d seen that scene somewhere.

10 Likes

Hey isn’t this just the famous George Adamski Venusian UFO from 1952 repurposed as a Nazi ship?

3 Likes

Mmmmmmarvelous!

2 Likes

Mosquitoes are awesome

Though I’ve always had a fondness for the brutality of the Beaufighter.

2 Likes

It sounds even better close up. :wink:

7 Likes

Just in time for drumf to create the Space Force. Would you like to know more?

2 Likes

Smoke me a kipper!
Is that who I think it is?

1 Like

Indeed it is; though this is from his excellent “Massive Machines/Engines” series, I think. It is basically Chris Barrie drooling over a variety of egregiously wonderful pieces of metal.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen in photos in think they generally stuck to the open cross you see on the side of that thing. Aircraft roundels are usually pretty stylized.