NBC News: Hunter Biden documents are work of fake "intelligence firm"

Doubly appropriate for much of the last few years, but rings especially true for shoddy blatant manufacture of scandal.

13 Likes

Depending how horribly Trump leaves, he’ll either stay and champion the cause of Trumpism and how Trump, the last decent man in politics, was betrayed. Or he’ll pivot as the One True Wise Conservative who sees Trump’s tragic mistakes, but also sees how everything Biden is doing (or that Obama and Hilary are doing through Biden, their proxy), is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. The beauty of these last approach is that he’s ready should he suddenly hear the country cry out demanding that another trust fund douche bag become president, this time one with a background in communication and the background of being the last honest newsman. And five million households who like the sound of his voice.

2 Likes

6 Likes

He’s been floating his résumé there for some time.

I’m sure Fox would love to have Greenwald on their staff as the token “progressive.”

9 Likes

When does Rudy Guiliani get arrested for treason?

Soon?

5 Likes

Tucker: “Fuck! So, how do I do this?”

FOX Legal: “Say something like… 'Pounding on a man, jumping on, and piling on when he’s already down is something we don’t want to be involved in.”

Tucker: ??? “So, our policy has changed?!”

FOX Legal: “Yes.”

Tucker: “Fuck!!”

12 Likes

It could be a difficult case to prosecute because you’d have to show that Giuliani was smart enough to know better rather than just a useful idiot.

4 Likes

Bannon is picking up the slack now. Last I checked Hunter isn’t running for president. This all stupid noise generation.

13 Likes

You see, now I would have added several choice adjectives before getting to “I will have to say no more”, but that’s me. I admire your restraint.

1 Like

He’s been on a demolition derby like quest to destroy any shred of credibility he had built up since Edward Snowden. From fucking over Reality Winner, to gleefully pushing pro-Russia propaganda. Going on Fox News and claiming some ridiculous notion of “pro-Biden censorship” is the culmination of all of this. GFYS, Glenn.

14 Likes

If Biden gets elected, I’d be shocked if Greenwald did not become a full-time contributor. I guarantee his Substack is going to be a nice repository for any and all Russian intelligence efforts to punish the people Greenwald hates more than anything else: liberals in the United States who don’t think Glenn Greenwald is the messiah.

Reading his petulant resignation from the Intercept and their response last night was really something:

We have the greatest respect for the journalist Glenn Greenwald used to be…

We have no doubt that Glenn will go on to launch a new media venture where he will face no collaboration with editors — such is the era of Substack and Patreon. In that context, it makes good business sense for Glenn to position himself as the last true guardian of investigative journalism and to smear his longtime colleagues and friends as partisan hacks. We get it.

12 Likes

Not to mention going all in to support an unrepentant abusive misogynist sex criminal for public office just because the guy claimed to support progressive policies.

11 Likes

I thought those might have been the same documents. He really is a clown. He tries to entertain you.
Stay strong Tucker. Get a new director though.

2 Likes

I read the article he wanted to publish.

He basically claims that a PDF screenshot of emails and pictures of text messages dialed into a Russian cellular provider are 100% verified, no questions needing to be asked, proof that done fishy was going on in the Ukraine.

He didn’t even ask any of the questions I asked myself when first reading the NY Post article.

7 Likes

For a great take down on how far Greenwald has descended into the right-wing, “we don’t need no stinking vetting of facts or sources” well, look no further than this thread. She goes through his first posted rant after leaving and tears it into tiny pieces:

11 Likes

The taint is real. I long refused to read or trust anything posted by the Intercept because of its association with Glenn Greenwald. Maybe I’ll have to give it another look in the future.

7 Likes

It was barely a blip on my radar, and certainly no place I ever went to get news. So I’ve got no dog in this fight, except to say that her post reveals Greenwald to be exactly the kind of sloppy journalist the right claims to hate, which is exactly why they support him.

The narrative Glenn presents about his departure is teeming with distortions and inaccuracies — all of them designed to make him appear as a victim, rather than a grown person throwing a tantrum.

ouch.

5 Likes

So is this saying Bannon is peddling child sex tapes? That should be a legal problem for him, should it not?

7 Likes

And again, it’s not like any of these supposed scandals will hurt Biden as a candidate - he’s still a rich old White dude.

I swear, each fucking day before this election seems longer than the last…

10 Likes