NBC News thinks impeachment hearing lacks "pizzazz", but what if it just lacks Pazuzu?

Technically correct, the best kind of correct.

It must be very hard to find people who were “ehhhhh I’m on the fence” about Trump until this moment in particular.

3 Likes

I skimmed the FiveThirtyEight live commentary yesterday. As Kent was giving his excellent opening statement, one of the commentators quipped:

I think career diplomats may overestimate the extent to which the average watcher is interested in geopolitical history lessons!

What a shallow comment. Every instant does not need to be entertainment, although personally I found the historical analogy interesting and helpful in understanding our Ukraine foreign policy objectives. Also, how patronizing to think that the “average watcher” can’t handle a history lesson, or that witnesses shouldn’t lay out relevant history because some hypothetical Joe Sixpack may lose interest.

5 Likes

Pazuzu 2020

7 Likes

The movie (the first one, anyway) never identifies the demon as Pazuzu. The studio though it would be better if audiences thought it was The Devil.

4 Likes

I know; the demon never names itself until the sequel, and Reagan only refers to it as ‘Captain Howdy.’

4 Likes

Which is a bizarre, fever-dream of a movie. I like number three, though.

1d5gt5

5 Likes

Did you make that yourself?

I haven’t been able to find a ready-made Pazuzu gif, and I just hadn’t worked up the energy to create my own yet.

Either way;

YOINK.

Thanks.

2 Likes

No. It is somehow associated with the band Gorillaz.

1 Like

Well, that’s some random tagging, then…

1 Like

9 Likes

Pez-uzuz?

4 Likes

Dragons?

dany-drogon-battle

Trial by combat?

Sexposition?

littlefinger-eyebrows

Booze?

sansa-gets-drunk-cant-handle

All of the above? Emmys please!

6 Likes

george-rr-martin-laughs|nullxnull

3 Likes

Okey-doke. (1930’s phrase :wink:)

1 Like

“Pazuzu’s petals!”

3 Likes

Trump + walk of shame.

Shame

Of course that punishes everyone with working eyeballs but I’m ok with that.

5 Likes

1 Like

This. I’ve probably half-remembered scenes from the movie more times than I’ve actually seen them?

1 Like

Irving Finkel discusses Pazuzu:

2 Likes

Exorcist III has the single best scare of any horror movie, EVER. You know the one. It combines the slow burn, the jump scare, and the what-the-fuck scare into a single, Platonic ideal of a movie scare. It may never be matched.

1 Like