Watch this J6 rally participant's astounding reaction to a CNN reporter showing him video of the attack on the Capitol

Originally published at: Watch this J6 rally participant's astounding reaction to a CNN reporter showing him video of the attack on the Capitol | Boing Boing

3 Likes

40 Likes

Let’s not cloud the issue with facts.

28 Likes

Yo, that ship sailed, long time ago.

20 Likes
  1. This MAGA liar has certainly seen the video before now.
  2. $50 11tybillion says he at some point (and possibly currently) owned “Blue Lives Matter” merch.
17 Likes

The various interviews I’ve read with attendees of the event are something else. One woman said, at the event whose explicit purpose was to support the rioters, that she didn’t support the rioters, following it up by saying that if Capitol Hill was to be nuked, she’d celebrate. Other interviews were along those lines.

Meanwhile the organizer of the event was rushing around, demanding that all the attendees hide the symbols of the various far-right groups they were supporting, because it looked bad for them to show who they actually were. Given that these interactions were seen, and then the right-wing wackos were then interviewed by the press, revealing who they were, it was a futile gesture. But the whole event was about denial of obvious realities, so…

36 Likes

A link to the interview that is not age restricted…

brooklyn nine nine dumb ass GIF

31 Likes

Let’s cut him some slack. When Ralphie pounded the shit out of him in the junkyard, Scut Farkus was never the same again.

28 Likes

He had yellow eyes ! SO HELP ME GOD, YELLOW EYES !!

22 Likes

29 Likes

It’s an age-restricted video. YT seems to be doing that a lot more these days. I’m not playing, though it is hard to tell if it is to comply with new laws (esp. in UK) or merely an excuse to garner my personal data.

Insert ‘why not both’ gif.

Also, seeing as I am signed in and have had my Google account for at least 16 years, you’d think the geniuses (genipodes?) at Google would have come up with an algorithm for this.

11 Likes

Resisting arrest? That’s grounds for murder by cop, since all you had to do was stop resisting.
Smashing a cop in a door? That’s not assault, since all he had to do was stop resisting.

2 Likes

Kudos to the reporter for saying this:

“So many people who just believe their own thing. Nothing is based on fact, on truth, reality, just people who wanna believe what they want to believe whether it is real or not.”

14 Likes

Glanced at the thumbnail and first thought this guy.

11 Likes

He didn’t think that was an assault on a cop? I sincerely hope he tests this theory in practice some day, and that a cop then proceeds to rapidly update his information until he absorbs it completely.

10 Likes

Came here to post this so thank you.

2 Likes

Reporter: the rioters were violent!
Dude:
200 (6)

4 Likes

what this kid needs to learn is there is nobody worth making an idiot out of yourself over, certainly not trump.

4 Likes

Your first mistake was taking seriously the opinion of ANYONE who got up that morning, dressed like that, looked in the mirror, and said to himself, “Yes. This. This is how I will present myself to the world today.”

2 Likes

I’d bet it’s age-restricted because it includes footage of the Jan 6 violence. I posted a video on Facebook of the insurrectionists trying to climb the Capitol walls humorously set to Super Mario Bros. music and Facebook flagged it. I was still allowed to post, but Facebook put an overlay/warning on it and required an extra “are you sure?” click for anyone wanting to view.

Media corps are sensitive about that shit. It’s a total CYA thing.

1 Like