Excellent 7-minute video news segment of Trump's thugs breaking into Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/excellent-7-minute-video-news-segment-of-trumps-thugs-breaking-into-capitol.html

5 Likes

11 Likes

Well, guess that could’ve saved me about 11 hours of neurotic doom scrolling yesterday.
:disappointed:

8 Likes

Is that Nicholas Cage…?

7 Likes

Interesting that the mob is all white.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious.
National Treasure 3 is in the works after all.

8 Likes

Predominantly. I think there were a few token exceptions in the video.

6 Likes

Yes, it’s Nick Cage.

I suppose this picture is funny only if you’ve seen National Treasure, where he steals an important document as part of the plot. (But if you have seen the movie, it’s hilarious!)

7 Likes

So he’s not really a white supremacist, but just using them as cover for his heist. Veeery clever. :wink:

4 Likes

“This is OUR house!”

Something something “chickens coming home to roost.”

2 Likes

Excellent 7 min video because facial recognition will help arrest people?

6 Likes

Buffalo man?

Where have I seen that guy before?
imageimage

Seriously, if they cannot find and identify this guy I’m gonna need their badge and their gun.

Wow - that was fast! Jake Angeli, the QAnon Shaman. Can’t he be charged with criminal trespass just from the photos alone?

I think I figured out why he wears such distracting headcoverings:

8 Likes

Pandemic PTSD: It freaked me out to see the reporter standing there without a mask as all of those anti-mask terrorists swarmed around him. With all of that yelling and chanting, there must have been a veritable fog of coronavirus in the air.

14 Likes

So this is how the great American experiment comes to an end; with a violent take-over by the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes…

2 Likes

Yes. Brave guy; he & the crew risked their lives. Good journalism. I got the feeling that the mob tolerated & even enjoyed the attention. A couple of the traitors also had fun trying to scare the reporter & camera crew. I didn’t see a flinch. Still, the overall effect of the story was terrifying, for me.

3 Likes

simpsons-thats-joke

3 Likes

Interesting? Try unsurprising. White supremacist president recruits white supremacist followers.

4 Likes

Apparently his name is Jake Angeli and he lives in Arizona…

The “Loyal order of water buffalo” is loyal. The bull sheister over there is not.

I’m genuinely worried that yesterday’s events will finally give enough Republicans cover to distance themselves from Trump that the party will survive.

The Republican party deserves Trump as an anchor around their neck and we cannot allow them to slip the chain at this point.

4 Likes