Video: A look inside the Capitol building after Trump supporters broke in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/video-a-look-inside-the-capitol-building-after-trump-supporters-broke-in.html

4 Likes

Remember when the MAGAts talked about left-wingers being “vandals” and “thugs” who don’t respect “law and order” and “property”? Yeah, about that…

35 Likes

Yes. I was just looking for some of those old tweets and got sidetracked by Sen. Collins’ latest sternly worded memo. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

I had a couple of professors in college who had offices that looked like that.

4 Likes

Heads will roll.

10 Likes

I was just thinking someone must’ve broken in and run amok in my office last night. And every night for the last 12 years or so.

4 Likes

Thank you so much Sen. Susan Collins who voted against removal last year because the Cheeto had learned his lesson.
Not sure just how you were rewarded for this, but was it worth it?
The blood of his supporters as well as his enemies are all over your hands, and “all the perfumes of arabia will not sweeten this little hand”.
You and all your fucking treasonous bastards, just GO AWAY.

9 Likes

Honestly, without a “before” video I’m not sure what I’m supposed to see here. /s

3 Likes

Yeah, but, see it’s different when you’re doing it to preserve the white race… /s

6 Likes

Wait until they check the toilets. CLOGGED. All of them. Some from multiple non-flushing perpetrators.

4 Likes

Oh, she’s on it. There’s a very sternly worded memo on the way. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

There’s plenty of videos of these guys-- arrest them.

You know, “law and order.”

9 Likes

roll riiiight into cushy small-town Sherriff jobs around the country…

8 Likes

Looks like they made themselves at home.

1 Like

Pffft. I heard Bill Clinton staffers removed a few “W” keys from some keyboards on their way out as a prank. So there are bad actors on both sides. /s

8 Likes

This is what you get when you allow wild animals indoors.

3 Likes

Found it!

8 Likes

I’ve seen enough alt-right media to be able to channel Fox/OANN’s reaction to this with full accuracy: “Oh, gee, we’re so upset that a bunch of papers were dropped on your floor! Do you need me to help straighten up the room for you?”

Yeah the right wing media would not stop talking about that. It was like the Clinton staff had taken shits in the middle of the floor.

1 Like

It strikes me after the fact that we’re really lucky that Trump is a coward and not that swift. Had he been a little more ruthless he could have be leading that mob from the front and turned it into an actual coup. We are lucky that he didn’t seem to realize what he had done.

He probably thinks people are exaggerating when they say he started an insurrection, but really it is that smart people recognized the situation but he did not. It was one charismatic and ambitious leader away from being a full on revolution at the Capitol building.

4 Likes

You don’t think Tom Cotton, et al, aren’t sitting up and taking notes?

7 Likes