Privileged rioter breaks into Capitol, then cries about getting maced

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/privileged-rioter-breaks-into-capitol-then-cries-about-getting-maced.html

20 Likes

(Yes, I posted this already on a different thread. But it’s still gold none the less.)

92 Likes

34 Likes

i can imagine her using the same tone towards a restaurant hostess-- “i have a reservation!”

60 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of surprised the video didn’t end with her demanding to speak to a supervisor.

52 Likes

She should leave her name and address with the police to file a complaint.

Make life easier for the officers arresting her for trespassing and accessory to an act of terrorism.

53 Likes

Let’s call her Capitol Karen. I don’t care what her actual name, she’s a terrorist, and we don’t publicize their names.

[fixed my dumb homonym error]

42 Likes

Does she realize another woman got SHOT yesterday?

She needs to get out more, maybe to a BLM protest.

The fact is, these yahoos should have been subject to the kind of shit BLM protestors have to endure, instead they were basically allowed to come into the capitol building and pose for selfies while trashing the place.

54 Likes

Nah, these people are white. You have to be gentle with their feelings and respect their right to peacefully assemble. I mean, everyone is equal in the US, just some are more equal than others.

…I think I’m out of sarcasm juice.

38 Likes

Another asshole:

“Avoid revolution or expect to get shot. Mother and I will grieve, but
we will gladly buy a dinner for the National Guardsman who shot you.”
– Dr. Paul Williamson, father of a Kent State student

29 Likes

Karensurrection?

34 Likes

She is trying really hard to cry me a river.

5 Likes

Wow these folks are pretty “deplorable.” Why didn’t anyone notice this before? /s

27 Likes

Not sure why I doubt the veracity of her story about being maced, although it could be that she is visibly holding what looks like half an onion in the towel that she dabs her eyes with.

7 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Infestation of Nazis

A sad example of privilege and poor education to expect that you can just walk into a legislature in session, let alone storm the capital and have a revolution, with zero consequences.

Don’t doxx Elizabeth from Knoxville, but the FBI is collecting video, images and names of people who participated: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/washingtondc/news/fbi-seeking-information-related-to-violent-activity-at-the-us-capitol-building

17 Likes

Apparently protesters in Palestine and Hong Kong were claiming that sniffing half of a cut onion would help with the effects of tear gas. There doesn’t seem to be anything to it. I suppose that maybe if you make yourself cry more that might help wash your eyes out, but that still seems painful. So it’s not that unreasonable that the onion thing got spread around Parler in preparation for this.

Or maybe tying an onion to your belt is back in style.

30 Likes

They won the internet for this week.

ETA - Also, Elizabeth fucked around and found out.

12 Likes

i admit it, i laughed, and i really needed one after watching this play out yesterday in real time. her tone is the icing on the cake, lol – “i mean, JESUS! i signed on for a revolution, not this getting maced shit!!” haha

32 Likes

Interesting. I’d heard of wearing the leek on St. David’s Day, but not moisturizing with the Vidalia to mourn the fall of Georgia’s electoral votes.

15 Likes