Woman charged in the Capitol riot asks court to let her take Mexico vacation

Originally published at: Woman charged in the Capitol riot asks court to let her take Mexico vacation | Boing Boing

12 Likes

58 Likes

it’s for sure not how it works for poc.

42 Likes

Oh let her take her vacation, it’s not like she attempted the overthrow of the United Sta… oh wait.

49 Likes

Totally not a flight risk, this one.

55 Likes

Imagine how she’d react if someone awaiting trial for a similar crime in Mexico was allowed to enter the United States.

91 Likes

I tried to imagine it, but the amount of frothy spittle caused me to stop before getting too far.

27 Likes

That’s the question of a person whose education never included the word “consequences.” May she learn something new very soon.

44 Likes

Being white really is easy mode, isn’t it?

41 Likes

66 Likes

Was it office Depot that had the ads with the easy button? Need to redo those and swap in a white privilege button.

8 Likes

party-facepalm

14 Likes

Nothing like a good, old-fashioned self-incriminating video, eh? Obvious nutcase and not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, it would seem.

7 Likes

Because freedumbs!

9 Likes

Jokes aside, this strikes me as someone expecting their white privilege to get them whatever they want here. She expects that she can get away with her role in this insurrection, as well as be treated as a privileged individual. She believes that, not because she’s “stupid”, but because she lives in a society that constantly reinforces her belief that she’s superior due to her race.

59 Likes

Easier, for sure. But as a white lady, i am completely befuddled about the behavior of these other white ladies. I feel like I grew up on a completely different planet from them.

40 Likes

There’s just so many layers of privilege to unpack with this.

Thinking that with pending criminal charges for insurrection you can take an international vacation.

Thinking that with pending criminal charges for insurrection you can take an international vacation to build-a-wall-Mexico.

Thinking that with pending criminal charges for insurrection you can take an international vacation to build-a-wall-Mexico during the third wave of a global pandemic with more virulent strain emerging after there are already 443,000 deaths in the US.

68 Likes

Surely we have a CIA dark site in Mexico?

11 Likes

“This is a work-related bonding retreat for employees and their spouses,”

Ballsy. Consider: As the owner, she is ostensibly paying for this vacation for her employees and their spouses. What the heck kind of flower shop makes that kind of money?

Answer: The kind whose owner needs a plausible excuse to skip town. Totally worth the cost.

27 Likes

What kind of “patriot” spends their vacation in another country anyway?

31 Likes