The blonde, white Capitol rioter who bragged her race and status would keep her from prison is sentenced to 60 days in prison

Originally published at: The blonde, white Capitol rioter who bragged her race and status would keep her from prison is sentenced to 60 days in prison | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Obligatory dated meme:

60 days might be on the light side, but we’ll take it.

36 Likes

And just imagine how popular she will be when she gets there.

31 Likes

a great job

Does she still have a great job?

22 Likes

Wait, I thought their talking points were that racism was a thing of the past, systemic racism doesn’t exist, and black lives matter is racist?

I’m shocked (not shocked) to see that they understood all along and are just white supremacists.

54 Likes

source

46 Likes

Huh, So attempted insurrection only gets you 60 days? Seems a bit short.

57 Likes

Terrorist and seditionist? 60 days? That’s a pretty light sentence. She’s not completely right, but she’s not wrong, either. Were she one of the big scary looking dudes, I bet she’d have gotten a lot more time.

42 Likes

alex-trebek-icegif

39 Likes

And she expected some sort of privilege for her whiteness, a “white privilege” even? No, couldn’t be since I’ve been told that doesn’t exist.

34 Likes

Was she the same one who took her office on vacation to Mexico or somesuch? Or am I getting my privileged white female rioters mixed up?

17 Likes

60 days due now, but what was the rest of the suspended sentence?
(Usually the suspended sentence is a more effective deterrent to keep her on the straight and narrow.)

8 Likes

Well, she was only “charged with a single count of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building.” 60 days for that seems ok. I’m not even sure if “attempted insurrection” is an actual offense, but if all she did was “parade” around the Capitol, it could be difficult to prove intent for something like insurrection.

I’m curious what the knock-on effects of 2 months of jail time does to a person. Maybe lose your job, maybe the inability to work during that time causes financial problems, etc. I’m also curious what percent of these rioters have figured out that they are the victims of a con job, and that trump is a big fat liar. My guess is something like 10%. Most probably think they are being persecuted (and prosecuted!) for their knowing the “truth.”

15 Likes

Sorry, no. Just another one.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/03/politics/capitol-riot-requests-mexico-vacation/index.html

23 Likes

I wonder what color her hair will be when she gets out? Does the commissary have bleach?

A bit too short of a sentence.

24 Likes

31 Likes

That newscaster at 11 seconds says “President Trump”. Not “ex-President Trump”, or “Private citizen Trump”,or “Disgraced Shithead” would have been more appropriate.

I thought the MSM had a Liberal bias.

8 Likes

Yep - this definitely needs a repeat of this …

4 Likes

That’s texas for ya. But ex presidents do somehow get to keep the title, no matter how shitty orange they were.

In the news segment on this rioter, she says she wants a pardon from the president. I don’t think Biden’s gonna worry himself about that. And now this disgraced former real estate sales lady gets to learn firsthand how quickly the orange turd will turn is back on his loyal followers. Nothing new, but she must be a dumbshit for believing he’ll do anything for her.

9 Likes

No, but reality does.

10 Likes