Near, creator of groundbreaking Nintendo emulator, dead at 27

I mean, I appreciated the work towards accuracy, and I understand the frustration, but I simply couldn’t afford the kind of computer needed to emulate the games I was playing. It wasn’t because I didn’t like the work or was “selling out accuracy”, it just wasn’t a possibility for me. It would have been cheaper for me to go buy a flash cart and an SNES by a long shot to play games than to run the accurate bsnes project works.

1 Like

I never met Near, but their projects have brought a lot of people a lot of joy. The world is a dimmer place without them.

We lose far too many people every year to cruelty: the cruelty of nature, the cruelty of the economic system we live in, the cruelty of others. You’ve got to be kind, dammit. We’re trying to have a society. Be excellent to each other.

Near was an absolute legend in the modding and emulation communities, and on their work Retroarch is built. The world will forever be robbed of the person Near was. Distant though they may be, a little corner of every emulator will be forever… Near.

8 Likes

Also Julie Terryberry.

see schitts creek GIF by CBC

4 Likes

Well. Those guys, like other MGTOWs, Incels, channers and so, need to make people unhappy to be happy. Hope this was enough

They want people to be unhappy. They can’t be happy if someone else is happy too. They believe that hapiness is a finite resource, like their shitty lives

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.