Nebraska governor signs executive order defining men as "bigger, stronger and faster"

Originally published at: Nebraska governor signs executive order defining men as "bigger, stronger and faster" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

40 Likes

Awesome Love It GIF by Uninterrupted

22 Likes

I have a friend who competed in Miss Olympia two years ago. On her behalf, I’d like to ask this gentleman “bigger, stronger, and faster than who?”

25 Likes

What a daft punk.

11 Likes

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

18 Likes

So intersex people just don’t exist? What about situations where there was a clerical error on the birth certificate and the wrong sex was listed? That does happen. It happened to my grandfather. He was absolutely a cisgender male, but his birth certificate listed him as female for a long time. And how is any of this going to be enforced? Fuck this guy, and the Oklahoma governor, too, who did the same thing awhile back.

29 Likes

“As Governor, it is my duty to protect our kids and women’s athletics, …”

I don’t know what I hate more: this guy’s big dumb grinning face, his stupid executive order, or him making me do a Webster’s dictionary defines… HOWEVER, the chief executive of a government’s duty is “implementing and enforcing the laws made by state legislatures.” That’s it. Kids need protection from big dumb grinning conservative morons more than they need protecting by them.

17 Likes

We have the technology!

6 Likes

I hope that Gov Pillen is willing to prove his point in person.

@LurksNoMore :+1::1st_place_medal:

17 Likes

men are “bigger, stronger and faster”

Without neither hint nor nod toward matters of statistics? As we all know of females who are (a helluva lot) more big, strong, faster than some males we know. Ah well, certain politicians will show reality and biology what’s what! (“Because they’re smaller, feebler and slower minded?”)

15 Likes

I have a friend (a woman) who can deadlift 350 lbs. She’s 60, BTW. Can the Nebraska governor do that? If the answer’s “no”, by his own baloneyshit definition, he’s not a man.

30 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Lindsey Graham GIF by GIPHY News

Link Someone GIF

8 Likes

Frankly, his stupid definition is just going to add a lot of unnecessary stress and confusion for slightly built male children and robustly tall female children. Growing up, and being grown up, is hard enough without ignorant demagogues spouting a bunch of foolish hokum.

Narrow minded simpletons seem to want the rest of us to accept their definition of reality in terms so limited that they miss the whole reality part.

15 Likes

He’s also apparently decided Brigitte Nielsen is a man, and Peter Dinklage, Michael J Fox, and Stephen Hawking are not. I’m starting to doubt this fellow’s qualifications to make these decisions!

15 Likes

if Pillen’s wife has an ounce of sense, their bedroom should be a single sex safe place from here on out

6 Likes

And how is any of this going to be enforced?

The threat is: as cruelly as possible.
The intent is: trans/intersex/etc folks will all go back to living the way they did when this ideology was understood, as invisibly, hidden, and disposable as possible.

These folks just want things to go back to “how they were before all this craziness”, when trans people were effectively barred from having a job, when they were seen as freak-shows who were publicly shunned, and you never had to hear about or see a trans/etc person unless they were a gross-out punchline in the media or a sex worker you wanted to fuck.

8 Likes

And whatever you got up to with “ladyboys” in Bangkok stayed in Bangkok.

What purpose is served for a birth certificate to even list the shape of ones genitals? And if it is so important to list, why are there only two descriptions when lots of people don’t fit neatly into one of those shapes?

Alternatively, isn’t the birth certificate private health information which can’t be seen or used for discrimination by others?

4 Likes

Is it just me or do the most egregious of these backwards-ass clowns always look like children who suddenly grew old without actually growing up. Like fucking Akira Espers.

9 Likes