Need a new alarm for the morning?

Originally published at: Need a new alarm for the morning? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I don’t need an alarm, I have a cat.

12 Likes

It’s a really good alarm. I installed it on my phone last year. It’s really annoying! There’s nothing like an alarm clock that hurls insults at you until you turn it off. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Same here, 5:55 AM and I get a wakeup call. No need for an alarm.

3 Likes

He has a freeway running through his backyard. No need for traffic report…

2 Likes

I prefer this song called Get Up, produced and recorded in Brian May’s studio, featuring a little Brian guitar.

Part of the proceeds go to Mind, a mental health charity in the UK.

3 Likes

I quite like walking the dogs at seven in the morning. It’s them getting on the bed at six in the morning that I could do without. I am a morning person, but I’d hesitate to say “chipper”. In fact if you were chipper to me early on I would wish you a good morning and walk swiftly in the opposite direction. My beloved, however, sometimes manages to rise two hours later. Sometimes it’s later than that.

2 Likes

I am not a morning person, but I’m open to the idea of using this as an alarm in order to reorient my brain from stinkin’ anger mode to ‘yay, new day!’ mode. May report back.

2 Likes

Looks like the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon is hitting me today. Over the weekend my gf and I were watching Hulu and there’s an ad that has this guy in it, i’ve never seen or heard of him and she’s a big fan. She gave me a real brief explanation of him and here we are :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

May I share with you what I consider to be his all-time greatest songs?

3 Likes
1 Like

Life has forced me to be someone who wakes up early every morning, but I’m not happy about it, and I suspect I never will be. When I was free to set my own schedule (during a year and a half of unemployment) I settled into what felt like a very natural to me schedule of waking up about 10 am, and going to bed between 2 am and 3 am. I always woke up refreshed and in a good mood, ready to take on the world. Unfortunately, the world I live in doesn’t like that schedule. Hopefully some day, before retirement, I can actually have a schedule like that again. I enjoyed it very much.

4 Likes

When i naturally wake up on my own the time varies between 8:30 to 9:30, i wake up pretty refreshed but when i have to wake up at 7am for work it just sucks up all of my energy and productivity :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

I installed it about 6 mo ago, and can agree. Super childish, but loud and annoying enough to wake you up. Always nice to wake up with a stupid immature smile as well.

Cats are the most demotivating creatures in existence, excepting viri and bacteria. My cat scolds me if I’m anywhere except a couch or bed cuddling with him. He’s a warmth and energy vampire. He sometimes unplugs my alarm clock. He doesn’t understand that me going to work puts kibble in his bowl.

I think your cat is actually a dog. Have you checked lately?

The alarm is the “request” for food, aka, the song of his people. Zero days off.

He looks like a cat to me!

6 Likes

The video was posted to YouTube in April 2021 and I know I saw it last year at some point here on the BBS. I think it was an official BB post, not a community post. Can’t find it, though.

3 Likes

I suspect tabby’s have some dog in their DNA, perhaps hiding in the barr body.

1 Like

That’s great for type A people I suppose, but I need something way more gentle. My alarm, no kidding, is Gymnopédie No.1. Works for me, ymmv.

1 Like