Neighbors sue over Florida man's wild multicolored, spray-painted home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/26/neighbors-upset-over-florida-m.html

9 Likes

Right now, management said Leibman is no longer living in the home, and court records show he’s due in court this weekend for drug charges.

Let me guess: LSD

20 Likes

Don’t diss an artist’s way of connecting with his muse.

9 Likes

Florida? CHECK
Drugs involved: WELL, DUH
tenor

9 Likes

Florida man. Or, Florida, man.

17 Likes

looks straight out of Miami. love it

8 Likes

Muse-wise, there’s always absinthe (so-called Poets’ Third Eye).

5 Likes

The only down thing about that house is that it doesn’t look like he finished! I’d live there in a heartbeat!

For once Florida Man does good, in my books anyway.

21 Likes

I would be tempted to do that myself explicitly to piss off a neighborhood association.

15 Likes

Naples is no place for this particular Florida Man. He needs to relocate to Key West where his neighbors would, no doubt, assist him in completing the vision.

7 Likes

I think his neighbors need to be sent a copy of Daniel Pinkwater’s masterpiece ‘The Big Orange Splot’

My house is me and I am it. My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams," Mr. Plumbean said.

6 Likes

The walls are ok; maybe the scheme can be improved a bit. But, the windows!?, the palms!? Come on!

10 Likes

He made a mess of the job - painting over the windows and getting the colors muddy by sloppy mixing (not to mention painting the ground and plants, some of which he probably killed). He clearly was high as shit when he did it. Had it been done properly, it might have been nice (or at least better than the beige mass-produced bullshit that was there before), but it just looks like someone was trying to trash the place.

Let’s face it: it was probably meth…

14 Likes

I hate neighbors!

That house looks like a nightmare color explosion. Good name for a band too.

5 Likes

I want that guy elected to the HOA.

2 Likes

Maybe the owner is queer and proud . I support the rainbow house, whether it is due to bath salts or a deep love for ones fellow man

1 Like

Beat me to it

1 Like

6 Likes

It’s missing that obsessive attention to mind numbing expanding detail that is the hallmark of an epic LSD trip. So, I concur, probably meth.

I mean, it could be shrooms, but no… definitely meth.

ETA: edited for truth

6 Likes