Angry couple tries to paint over city-approved BLM mural, community fights back

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/06/angry-couple-tries-to-paint-ov.html

9 Likes

They seem nice.

34 Likes

Another couple who are about to be fired by whatever employers have them. I just love watching racignation in action.

43 Likes

They seem like good bad examples.

6 Likes

Long skirt and flip flops seem like a good choice for this activity.

13 Likes

I find it rather telling that the man stood there with the megaphone while the woman was the one doing all the vandalism.That’s usually how it goes in the MAGA cult.

37 Likes

Why is “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” such a difficult concept to understand? Especially for these red-hat wearing zealots? On one hand their ignorance and fear could be pitied. On the other hand, it would be nice if they could just crawl back under the rock that kept them out of view prior to 2016.

(Disclaimer: I have no religious affiliation, but I try to use this idea as a guide in day-to-day life. Ramen.)

22 Likes

Sooooo… will they be ironically charged with vandalism since it was a city approved mural?

16 Likes

They’d rather “do unto others before they do unto you.”

16 Likes

“Don’t have a run in with the law and don’t resist arrest and there won’t be a problem”.

So the asshole behind him illegally painting the streets deserves to be shot if the cops arrive?

21 Likes

Say, how DID all those black folks’ ancestors get here, anyway?

49 Likes

I used to think that in 15 years time, finding MAGA gear in a relative’s personal effects would be like finding Third Reich paraphernalia.

Now I give it no more than 5 years

39 Likes

I most sincerely hope you are correct.

I can say that I am not overly confident…this is the most out of control cult I’ve ever seen.

17 Likes

The memory of Breonna Taylor enters the chat.

32 Likes

“Your ancestors aren’t from here” yells white woman in [checks notes] Martinez, California.

36 Likes

We recently found one such pin among my wife’s grandfather’s effects but we’re pretty sure he shot the Nazi bastard who had been wearing it. Still creepy though.

25 Likes

My dad had a several WWII bayonets that his brother brought home from the war - including a german one. Not likely he took it off a dead german, more likely traded for it as he was a collector. But the german bayonet had half a dozen notches carved in the wood handle. That was creepy.

9 Likes

Really? You have that much time and energy to do this?

I’m treading water here trying to make things work out. You’re going to spend your energy doing something like this? Pffft.

Well, bye Karen.

9 Likes

Scanning the snip too fast would make
“Martizians for Black Lives” seem like they’re from REALLY far away. :alien:

5 Likes

They should have painted their truck black. Windows first.

6 Likes