Angry couple tries to paint over city-approved BLM mural, community fights back

Must be something in all the green slime.

1 Like

The license plate was filmed - They have been ID’d and police are pursuing charges. But the racists on this board marked this post as offensive and it was hidden until I edited it…

PS - if you’re going to commit a crime, remove stuff that identifies you first, OK Karen?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was vengefully hoping for. While they’re distracted overpainting the mural, someone just dump the can of paint over their truck.

7 Likes

They do realize that they’re just painting the letters a different color, right?

11 Likes

7 Likes

At the very least the cops should have an easy time finding them…assuming the cops care and/or neither of these idiots are the cops.

4 Likes

FTFY. :grin:
While there were white Europeans who briefly settled in North America around a thousand years ago, that doesn’t come close to the indigenous people who settled North America roughly 40,000 years ago.
But these entitled assholes attitude is “it’s ours by right of conquest, suck it up crybabies!”

4 Likes

The painting has since been restored.

I’m not sure they should have done so. Leaving it in the state it was in is a living demonstration of what is being fought against.

2 Likes

This makes my cry.
For crying out loud,
Why?

Friend against friend and sister against brother.
The striped against the polka-dots.
Everybody’s brains, just, boiling in turpentine…
Teeth falling out all up and down the sidewalks
Thought is would suit me, but,
It’s makes my sad.

Woody G.
He sang it coming.
Strange times, access to the songs, books, and letters of much of history, yet the internet giveth and taketh away: we unfriended those with a broader prospective, it’s just sad.

More art FTW, trolls H8 art, can’t handle it.
What I wouldn’t give to go all Banksey here!

4 Likes

I’m atheist, although being raised as christian catholic until the age I saw the light, and often find sad/ridiculous to be the one who has to point out to right wingers friends who consider themselves “good christians” ™ that what they do and say regarding life, immigration, civil rights, racism, war, peace, justice, death penalty, firearms, etc. is the exact opposite of what the religion they believe in, or pretend to, taught them since forever.
One day I had a conversation with one of them when there was that news of that woman whose brain was completely dead, but the so called Pro-Life movement was protesting against turning off the machines that kept her heart functioning although there was no brain activity.
He of course was 100% for keeping that woman “alive” and he was also a death penalty supporter plus also against any kind of research using embryos. So my question was something like “does it occur to you that you care a lot for those who aren’t born yet and for those who are already dead, still you support death penalty for those who are alive and well? - How can this be called being Pro-Life?”. He didn’t reply.
We’re still good friends, but every damn barbecue turns into political fights. Luckily the amount of alcohol consumed there prevents all of us to resort to violence:^)

7 Likes

When I read those lyrics my brain tried to make them fit to People Are People by Depeche mode.

4 Likes

To me, “stripes vs. polka-dots” implies a pointless fight between two equally valid positions that each deserve to be respected by the other.

I don’t think “Black Lives Matter” is really one of those kinds of issues.

14 Likes

Don’t count on it. Items with a swastika on it was a favorite souvenir for Americans who visited Germany on holiday, so much that these things had to be counterfeit because supply eventually ran out. It was legal to sell them in Germany, you were just not allowed to display the Swastika, so they put a small label over it in the window. Any shop that sold coins to collector near a major tourist attraction stocked up on that shit. A friend of my family ran a small coin shop in Munich where I helped out in the summer holidays, we typically had 20-30 US customers a day buying Nazi medals or coins.

5 Likes

As far as we have been able to ascertain my wife’s grandfather was only in Europe once, and it definitely wasn’t on holiday. The pin was found with his (U.S.) military deployment papers.

15 Likes

Thanks for that insight, I had no fucking idea. (I used to live in Munich for some 12 years.)

If it isn’t on a wall, it’s not a mural. (Think about “intramural” sports, where one team plays another from “within the walls”, rather than one from a different institution.)

We now return to our discussion of our ill-behaved European-American brothers and sisters. . .

7 Likes

I used to work with a fellow who took a vacation to Vietnam in the late 1990s, so really before it had developed into the tourist spot it is now, but well after the end of the Cold War. I asked him if he’d ever been before. “Not quite 30 years ago, but I hope to get a warmer welcome this time.”

11 Likes

I inherited a dress bayonet and P38 my grandfather took off some of last Nazis that surrendered to his platoon as the war was ending. The returning soldiers could keep one gun and whatever else they could pack, and I wish he’d decided to keep his M1 Carbine or 1911 instead. The pieces he brought back are interesting personal-history-wise, but I’m not sure what to do with them now.

3 Likes

You more for stripes or polka-dots?

Which is more correct?

“…first I would get the colors to fighting one another…
Friend against friend, sister against brother…”

That would just suit me, cause I turned out mean, that’s all, just plain old mean.

I stand flat footed in favor of crime and disgrace…

I’m an organized famine just trying to be a little bit meaner, mean, that’s all, just plain old mean…

I laugh my loudest when other people cry.
I can’t help it, I guess… I was born good just like you, but I turned off mean…

If I could just get the fat to hating the lean!!!

If I ever did a good deed, I’m sorry of it!

I swear somebody was recently demanding that people damaging public property be imprisoned for 10+ years.

8 Likes