Netflix has a documentary about extremely creepy founder of Bikram Yoga

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/netflix-has-a-documentary-abou.html

3 Likes

That guy gives yoga a bad name.

15 Likes

Yet another rapist godman? No way!

16 Likes

“claims that women are begging to pay him $1,000,000 for a single drop of his sperm and that four women committed suicide because he denied them sex.”

That’s some good shit you’re smoking dude.

13 Likes

It sounds like something a 15 year old boy would make up.

13 Likes

i’ve heard first-hand accounts from people who have been to a class he taught just how creepy his is. that dude DOES give yoga a bad name, and he’s laughing all the way to the bank over and over.

6 Likes

I am a good guy, well liked, and I struggle with low self esteem and beat myself up over little things that I could have done better in my life.
People like Bikram are just astounding to me when compared to my own life, where did this jackass get all of his confidence and pride while being a rapist piece of shit? Maybe extreme cognitive dissonance is the only way this guy can cope with his actions?

6 Likes

Not to make everything about Discount Shitler, but the similarities between what this creep says and what 45 says are striking.

8 Likes

Or adult Donald.

11 Likes

I haven’t seen this yet, but the 30 for 30 podcast covered this topic in a series of podcasts a year or so ago and they killed it. I’m not much of a sports person, but their podcast is often some damn fine reporting that could make me care about cockroach migration. (cockroach migration is - as of this moment - my invented thing that sounds boring but could be made interesting.)

2 Likes

OK, I’ll say it. The real crime is that weapons-grade mullet.

5 Likes

For some people, confidence comes not from measured reflection of their past actions but rather a complete inability to reflect on their past actions.

9 Likes

The Choudhury: An advanced yoga pose in which the practitioner places his feet shoulder width apart, braces his chest against the wall, and places his hands behind his back so that the police can handcuff him and put him under arrest.

7 Likes

Or selective reflecting?

He believes he is a powerful yoga god, but can also frame his raping into a gift he is providing his victims.

If you want to know more about Choudhury…

no, not really…

5 Likes

I guess it’s impressive, in a way, to out-creep Baghwan Shree Rajneesh at his own game o.O’ .

2 Likes

in a past life, I was once a sannyasin; this description here in the wiki-article about his personality fits quite right:

Some scholars have suggested that Rajneesh, may have had a narcissistic personality.

In his paper The Narcissistic Guru: A Profile of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, Ronald O. Clarke, Emeritus Professor of Religious Studies at Oregon State University, argued that Rajneesh exhibited all the typical features of narcissistic personality disorder, such as a grandiose sense of self-importance and uniqueness; a preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success; a need for constant attention and admiration; a set of characteristic responses to threats to self-esteem; disturbances in interpersonal relationships; a preoccupation with personal grooming combined with frequent resorting to prevarication or outright lying; and a lack of empathy.Drawing on Rajneesh’s reminiscences of his childhood in his book Glimpses of a Golden Childhood, he suggested that Rajneesh suffered from a fundamental lack of parental discipline, due to his growing up in the care of overindulgent grandparents.Rajneesh’s self-avowed Buddha status, he concluded, was part of a delusional system associated with his narcissistic personality disorder; a condition of ego-inflation rather than egolessness

4 Likes

The Bikram: An advanced yoga pose in which the practitioner contorts the law in order to claim copyright over yoga postures and sue rival yoga studios.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.