Netflix to open retail stores

… the first rule of fight club is something something something

I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the B&M retail store to flog Blurays of the stuff people have been waiting for but has never been released as physical media (Daredevil season 3 comes to mind, and a number of other Netflix exclusive properties) at exorbitant prices. Eat at a Netflix store? Not a chance!

1 Like

Probably these merch Will have other destination.

2 Likes

One of the great disappointments in humanity in my life. Long tail, one account setup, etc. All of a sudden everyone thinks their show/channel aggregated investment in IP is special.

I recently listened to an old radio aircheck from 1978. Grease and Saturday Night Fever advertised for 8.99, but Sgt. Pepper’s soundtrack (!) was 11.99. Fuck you, you’re not special, you’re dead and you just don’t know it yet.

1 Like

It’s like the Ikea cafeteria without the furniture :confused:

2 Likes

Counting down to the first Netflix Cruise, complete with productions of your favorite Netflix Originals!
Wonder how long until signing on to create a series will require all the “talent” to be available for x number of cruise appearances per year… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Recently had a connection in DFW and there was an Univision (large spanish language channel) store when we got off the plane. I guess there’s a store for everything.

Not sure around you, but sadly all the Ikea around me have permanently closed their cafeterias.

There are just frozen food cabinets of meatballs now.

Was it telenovela merch? :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet merch from this would sell -

Oh, create options on the mode of managed care for gen. Z instead of cruise ships, will ya? I’m sure there’ll be robots co-planning and making wonderful dramas with the people who want to be dramatic.

So basically Planet Hollywood and a Disney store combined but specifically for Netflix properties. This will be interesting. Glad they raised prices and cracked down on password sharing to help fund this future tax write off.

4 Likes

Not a fan of the idea. Then again, I’d be the best dad in the world if I took my kids to the world premier of The Dragon Prince’s final season at something like this. Despite its being the perfect venue for something like that, it wouldn’t surprise me if family and kids properties were completely overlooked.

1 Like

I still torrent a lot, but it can be pretty hard to find specific non-mainstream content without investing a significant amount of time and effort. Especially joining (and keeping membership in) a tracker can be a lot of work and hassle, though TBF it’s considered a feature and not a bug.

1 Like

Amazingly, there was very little! My wife watches most of the telenovelas and shows on the channel and I told her I was going to get her a tshirt of one of them.

1 Like

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.