Netflix to open retail stores

Originally published at: Netflix to open retail stores | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Will they host Netflix and chill parties?

10 Likes

Rick Munarriz

?

7 Likes

Perhaps related but I’m currently in Vegas for a friend’s wedding and there’s a Stranger Things merch shop at the strip and it’s actually pretty cool. Though the merch is very expensive, but they had a lot of stuff I would totally buy. So if their plans are to intersect themed show merch and entertainment in busy markets i could this possibly working out. Being real about it I doubt I’d frequent such a place as a local but as a tourist it’d be interesting enough to check out

7 Likes

6 Likes

“All successful American enterprises” I do not care for your definition of success one bit sir.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what it is in my understanding. I think for the prices though “pop up” shops like the Rick and Morty “Rickmobile” make more sense and would have fans more likely to spend $$. They should wait until they have a warehouses full of stuff that didn’t sell and then open the netflix outlet store =P

2 Likes

Did anyone else think that this was clearly an attempt to offload all the DVDs they stopped mailing last month?

11 Likes

‘Trash Zaibatsu’ however, is grade-A Beschizza.

6 Likes

I doubt it, they could just as easily sell the discs for cheap to a reseller

2 Likes

I signed up for them to send me a bunch that I wouldn’t have to return (am hoping for a few kiddo DVDs for our minivan). But still waiting.

3 Likes

We got one extra. They sent them out to coincide with the end of their shipping program…

2 Likes

Netflix merch tables… plural!?
The amount of staff they’ve axed in a very short time can’t justify opening a store front… they must be out of their damn minds.

3 Likes

I saw them supporting Müllunternehmen mit beschränkter Haftung, back in the 80s.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Considering the price hikes, bullshit, and rapid cancelation of anything worth watching, it’s rapidly becoming less than that, too.

8 Likes

People don’t want a premium brand with a carefully curated gallery of fancy things — they want one database of everything in the world and all they have to do to watch something is click on it

We briefly thought that was Netflix, but now we know better — and the company that is closest to delivering what we thought Netflix was is probably Amazon, monopoly power that it is :moneybag:

I mean, you have to click on, like, at least three things, but it’s the Pirate Bay.

9 Likes

Yeah, I dunno, it would be pretty cool to get a USB stick full of shows I’m not watching on the 2 set devices on .mp4 to show on an alternate TV…

People better fix their preferences…