Netflix uses piracy stats to choose its programming

Learn about The Wire and get back to me. It was a low rated show that cost about $50 million per season to create. HBO did not make a profit from it. But they did create a work of literature of epic proportions that is more commonly compared to Dickens and Tolstoy than it is to anything else on TV. And the reason they were able to create it is because HBO had a constant revenue stream that wasn’t affected by what was hot now. This gave HBO the ability to create something culturally important instead of worrying about profits. But fuck that model, right?

By the way, you can still buy the programs on DVD. You might have to wait a year, but so what. Entertainment isn’t a basic human right. I bought all of the seasons to The Wire because I love the program and believed that HBO should be compensated. You theoretically could do the same for Game of Thrones.[quote=“Rindan, post:41, topic:9826”]
You seem to be really struggling with this concept, so I’ll try one last time. You should feel a-okay about downloading A Game of Thrones, if you enjoy watching a A Game of Thrones. In the same way, you should feel a-okay about having gay sex or smoking pot if you enjoy that sort of thing.
[/quote]
This isn’t what you wrote and you know it. Now you have to crank the hyperbole up to save face. I get it. You are right. I am wrong. You are awesome. I am a fool. You are a better person. I am a loser. Do you feel better? Is your self-image stable and your dignity intact? I certainly wouldn’t want to drive you towards introspection. Who knows what that might cause.

… Or, you could wait a (lot? I don’t know what HBO’s release schedule is like) few months, and just buy the content you want to watch on DVD. So really, your justification for breaking the law is that you’re impatient. And that’s fine. We’re all impatient in one way or another.

1 Like

Hey, I’m not American.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.