Neurodiversity ♾ Think Different

That sounds fine to me, sort of elfish! … but these names… just… shudders

One thing that does strike me as interesting is the wife, Simone, talking about her experiences around sex and romance, and how she evolved from not wanting to marry and have kids to being pro-natalist…

Also, they do seem invested in equity in their relationship… him saying that he would basically help ensure she got to pursue a career and family, and planning around their shared goals is interesting…

Eugenics is state-sponsored selective breeding to influence the dominance of certain genes, he argues. What he and Simone are doing is polygenics, using technology to give parents the choice over which traits they value most.

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

Torsten has knocked the table with his foot and caused it to teeter, to almost topple, before it rights itself. Immediately – like a reflex – Malcolm hits him in the face.

WHAT IN THE FUCKETING FUCK… He just straight up SLAPPED his kid in public, and wonders why THEY HAD CHILD SERVICES CALLED ON THEM!!!

Malcolm tells me that he and Simone have developed a parenting style based on something she observed when she saw tigers in the wild: they react to bad behaviour from their cubs with a paw, a quick negative response in the moment, which they find very effective with their own kids. “I was just giving you the context so you don’t think I’m abusive or something,” he says.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes