New Adidas made to repel beer and vomit during Oktoberfest

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/07/new-adidas-made-to-repel-beer.html

3 Likes

Civilization marches onward.

2 Likes

Sneakerheads can rock a pair of fresh adidas even while covered in vomit and regret during Oktoberfest

Technically, no, that’s wrong. Footwear scientists have not yet cracked the secret of regret-proof sneakers. They are now studying wingtips, which seem to have this property naturally. Nobody has ever heard an executive in wingtips express regret.

7 Likes

Need a Mardi Gras pair.

1 Like

No mention of how well they handle piss. Did they somehow fail the certification process?

If everyone else’s shoes are saturated with an unpleasant, but tolerable blend of beer, piss and vomit, I don’t want to be the only person in the bar with shoes that reek of nothing but urine.

2 Likes

Study results will doubtless find executives of white-shoe firms never regrets express. Certainly not remorse.

1 Like

“We live in an extraordinary age. These are times of stunning changes in social organization, economic well-being, moral and ethical precepts, philosophical and religious perspectives, and human self-knowledge…"
– Carl Sagan

Discuss with respect to the development of puke-resistant sneakers.

2 Likes

Previously known as “Scotchgard”. But then that wouldn’t cost $240.

3 Likes

German engineering!
Fills my heart with patriotic pride!

A $5 can of Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Protector Spray can get you the same stain repellant action shit!!

2 Likes

Damn! I bow to your “first-ness”.

2 Likes

I concur,
in a foolish drunken stupor of my teen years I once vomited on my own shoes (and other things), and the shoes and I both never were quite the same again.

But I wouldn’t be caught dead at Oktoberfest, so…

Barfanoogin

aclohol is the poison of babylon!
bob marley’s addidas clad body is spinning in the grave

Are the insides also protected? My cat likes to vomit in my shoes when she eats too much.

The way the camera follows us in slo-mo…

2 Likes

She had diamonds on the soles of her beer-proof sneakers.

1 Like

Spätstadium Kapitalismus.

1 Like

Are you sure it isn’t that your cat likes to vomit in your shoes hence she eats too much? Cos that seems like a cat thing to do.

2 Likes

Went once. It’s not that barfy. Then again, it was rainy when I was there. So maybe those with low constitution stayed home.

Now Rosenheim. We went to a Townie bar called, “Revenge” after we got back from Oktoberfest. I really regret that part of the trip.