New Apple AirPods Pro with noise-cancelling functionality

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/18/new-apple-airpods-pro-with-noi.html

2 Likes

I’ll be canceling noise this afternoon round 4:00 with a couple of Whiskey doubles.

9 Likes

There’s been a spate of muggings recently with thieves targetting airpod wearers. They’re thief-bait.

1 Like

bluetooth 5 is good enough at automatic pairing that 3rd party headphones (even cheap chinese ones from amazon) work really well with the iphone. for those of us for which the apple headphones just do not fit, generic BT5 earbuds are a blessing.

having said that it will be interesting to see if they come up with something that works “for the rest of us”…

1 Like

noise cancelation without a full ear cup sounds wishful

1 Like

I hear they have a discreet side camera that can automatically record when a stranger sidles up beside them with bad intentions…

1 Like

We all know what David is getting in mail soon.

I thought doubles required upgrade to the Papasan Pro.

3 Likes

Are you a member too?

3 Likes

It’s not. I’ve been using my bose qc20 - as strictly a travel / commute set - for many years. They’re remarkable. You can’t compare them to ote, just have to take them on their own merit, but they are truly great, and absolutely do mute a ton of ambient noise

I’m a member right now!

2 Likes

Here’s a render based on leaked parts and an icon found in an iOS beta … look like tiny hair dryers …

1 Like

As long as they still look like you have a cigarette butt dangling out of your ear once inserted…

That particular feature of the airpods makes me wonder if Mr. Ive had a crustpunk phase at some point.

Thread. Won.

Apple won’t let those of us of a certain age forget this Brooke Shields poster which hung in the school nurses office.

1 Like

How do these AirPods stay in peoples ears anyway? It boggles my mind every time i see them just hanging there.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.