New Belgium's Torched Earth Is The post-apocalyptic Beer Of The Future

Originally published at: New Belgium's Torched Earth Is The post-apocalyptic Beer Of The Future | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Great idea, really. Even if I don’t want to try it.

9 Likes

Yeah, great idea.

In my experience you can grow to like any beer if it’s the only beer available.

I’d give it a try.

5 Likes

So, Budweiser?

6 Likes

I’m thinking more like what I remember of Oban single malt. Like kissing someone who smokes. Delicious and horrible at the same time. Definitely interesting.

4 Likes

After reading the description, I’ll stick with La Fin du Monde. That’s the apocalyptic-sounding name of a beer from my past. Donating directly will also help me avoid the waste of buying something I’m not going to drink.

8 Likes

Always on draft.

4 Likes

Budweiser is quite passable on tap. As are many other garbage American beers which I would not drink from a can or bottle.

2 Likes

Uh, maybe. Credit to you for coming out like that.

I have to admit, one of my top ten beer experiences was a couple of draught Kokanees after a massive hike in near Creston, BC.

2 Likes

Draft beer is fresher, which is why I gather it tastes better. A fresh beer, something not too strong or heavy or bitter, ice cold, especially after some exertion is really nice.

I had a Schlitz on tap at the billy goat after the Chicago Marathon. Extremely similar to:

2 Likes

Smokey and bitter with a dry finish? Sounds like every other hipster IPA.

Living Fort Collins where New Belgium is brewed, I can relate to this beer. We just spent a horrible summer and fall with the largest forest fire in Colorado history. Now the water supply is threatened by burn runoff.

2 Likes

As long as the keg lines are cleaned regularly, cheap macro beer on tap is quite good. Some of these old beer joints we see probably don’t clean their lines very often though. There are certain places where I’ll choose beer in a can over draught if I sense that the place doesn’t care about cleanliness.

1 Like

I love peated scotch, one of my favorite beers is made with smoked millet, and I hate hoppy beers. It sounds like it’s almost made for me.

Much like drinking on authentic mezcal. Grain alcohol with a strong taste of burning rubber tires.

I’m as tired of the current IPA fad as the next non-IPA drinker, but if your IPA is smoky, you’re doing something wrong. More wrong than usual.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.